New Trail Camera Company

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by frenchbritt123, Apr 21, 2015.

1. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Very interesting, Exodus/Exodus Outdoor Gear:

5 year Fully Covered Warranty

5 year 50% off theft/damage replacement policy

12 MP Resolution

Black Flash

20,000 images on one set of batteries

Rubber Coated Shell with Aluminum Alloy Reinforcement

Anyone hear of these guys?

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have not... Until I just searched them on Google, Facebook, and Instagram.

Will be interesting to see what the price point will be with those things considered.

3. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I was thinking.

4. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very very interesting. Would be great to see a camera company stand behind their product for more than a year or two that's for sure. Like you others, will be interesting to see the price point.

5. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
  6. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    One of the video comments:

Exodus Outdoor Gear "Hi Laaron, our debut camera starts shipping in late June at $225 retail. We'll be offering some pretty large preorder discounts to folks on our insider email group though."

I wonder how we'll have to prove it was stolen? I can see a lot of people taking advantage of this to get a half off brand new camera.

7. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
    That's seems pretty good for theft protection and a five year warranty if the cameras are good.

8. ChuckC

ChuckC Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hmm, not bad for a camera that would be guaranteed 5 years IMO.

9. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Stolen!! Ouch they might take a hit on that or the camera is only worth 1/4 of what they are selling it for.

10. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    From the information I have seen/read I think I will take a shot on one.

5 year warranty and 50% damage/theft incentives are worth the extra $$$ to me.

11. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a great company. Keeping my eye on them since I will be getting some new cameras this year.

12. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I checked out their website and such. Seems like it's all good if they deliver what they promise.

Blessings..........Pastorjim

13. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just checked out their website as well. I signed up for the newsletters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    For those who don't have Facebook. Posted a while ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm skeptical of the longevity of this company unless they tone it back on the guarantees. Electronics rarely last half a decade functioning perfectly, much less when left outside 24/7. Admirable they stand behind their products before even knowing then longevity of their products, but I see them replacing a TON of cameras in 3-5 years if they are truly fully covered.

Is the theft thing an insurance policy you can buy? Weird for a manufacturer to cover theft of a product. I suppose with retail mark ups they are essentially just offering another camera at cost if you claim yours was stolen.

I'm in need of 2-3 new cams tho so I'll be anxiously watching how these perform this summer. May pick up a few this fall if the word is good.

16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think they are doubling the price to cover the costs of their guarantees. I'll wait to see how pleased folks are on the performance of the cameras before I invest that kind of money in a camera.

17. frenchbritt123

Dislikes Received:
    I think you might be right some on the price, but I would give an extra $75.00 or so knowing it is good for five years. I also would like to see how everyone reacts to them before buying.

18. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think the theft thing is going to be a company killer. Most people are honest but it only takes a few. That is if the camera is going to be reasonably priced.

All I want is for a trail cam company to repair their cameras of the last 5 years. I wouldn't care about paying a small fee for whatever is broken after the warranty is up. Seems like it's one year warranty or buy another camera.

19. matt@exodustrailcams

matt@exodustrailcams Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hello everyone, hope all of you are doing well! I stumbled onto this thread via one of our Facebook followers and thought I would join the conversation. My name is Matt Kline, I'm one of the three founders of Exodus. My partners Chad and Steve, and I have worked extremely hard to get to this point and it's a pretty neat thing to us to see that people are talking about our cameras already haha.

First of all, I can imagine what the initial thought is when you hear that there is a new company hitting the market, and I want to make sure all of you understand that we aren't some big investment firm or corporation that sees an opportunity in this industry and is sweeping in to collect profit... We're really just a couple of guys that have been using these cameras for years and got tired of all the crap we were putting up with... So we literally bet the house on building a better company, one that we would want to stand behind. As a few of you mentioned, our cameras are backed with a 5 year fully covered manufacturers warranty. If the camera stops working at any time because of our error then we will replace it with a new one, and we will pay for all the shipping. They also come with our 5 year, 50% off theft/damage replacement plan. If your camera is physically damaged or stolen within 5 years of purchase, you will get a 50% off discount on a new unit.

A couple notes from questions I saw:

-There will be a registration after purchase to make sure we know who the original owner of the camera was and date it was sold. It'll be a simple process, but we do have to include that for it all to work in the long run.

-The theft policy could be taken advantage of, yes. However, there is only one theft replacement per purchase and after a camera is reported stolen it is void of warranty. If somebody calls in about it again, we will contact the original owner to report.

To stand up to our warranty, we've upgraded a large majority of the electronic components in the camera that we found were at risk of early failure. We've added aluminum bracing to the basic shell that most cameras get to give it more stability, and we've put a really high quality rubberized coating finish as the final assembly on the camera to make sure that there is no chance of water exposure. We've weighed the risk. We've had our cameras rigorously tested to make sure we can back it up... We wouldn't have come this far just hoping it all works out. We definitely don't have the profit margins that most camera companies have, and because of that we will likely never be able to sell in giant retailers without some special arrangements... But again, this is what we believe is right... So it's what we're doing.

I'd be happy to answer any of you guys's questions, we really appreciate all of your feedback!

20. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wishing good luck to you guys in your endeavor.

Blessings. ...........Pastorjim