3.7v Rechargeable Batteries

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by TwoBucks, Dec 9, 2014.

1. TwoBucks

TwoBucks Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I'm wondering if I can replace two regular batteries with a 3.7v Tenergy 2600 mah rechargeable battery? It looks like the maximum charge on these batteries is 4.2v while charging but then quickly drop to a 3.7v operating voltage. Most regular Lithium ion batteries have 1.8v to start with which would be 3.6v across two batteries. Do you guys think this will work? Also, would these batteries be able to replace two C and D cell batteries with the converters?

Im trying to get the longest lasting and cheapest batteries while only using AAs. Any input is appreciated.

2. MnHunterr

MnHunterr Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I got a 48 pack of rayovak AA's at menards for $12.

Never had a bad experience with them and they last just about as long as the name brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Are those just standard disposable batteries? I was looking at rechargables since the standard batteries sometimes are half way charged when they come out of the pack.

4. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah they are standards... I've never had a problem out of the 3 packs I've got though.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From my experience, I don't believe the Rayovac's last as well as other batteries. I have been using them this season, along with my Tenergy rechargeables and some Duracells I have not been impressed at all with the Rayovac's. I've been running 13 trail cameras this season. Half of which have been running the Rayovac's. I've went through about 4 of those 48 packs. I'm on my second season with my Tenergy rechargables. The initial cost was pretty expensive, but I've saved money in the long run. I doubled my fleet of trail cams this season so I've been trying to skate by on the the Rayovac's to get my by, but I should have just bit the bullet and ordered another set of Tenergy's.

All things being equal, I'd rather run Lithium-ions, but they are just way too expensive to run in 13 cameras. I think I have 120 batteries out at any given time.

6. MnHunterr

Dislikes Received:
    I've only ran cameras for 2 years now and have not noticed a difference in the batteries... Take into consideration I only run 4 cameras.

Think I am going to track the longevity of the same camera on the Rayovacs vs Lithium-ions. Track how many pictures and track battery life.

7. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I actually started to keep track at the beginning of the season, but I didn't end up following through. Maybe I'll give it another crack next season too.

8. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    Well my goal was to use lithium rechargeables but they only come in 3.7v

9. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If you're talking about using rechargeables and alkalines in the same camera I wouldn't do it.

10. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Buy some and test them out and let us know :) I wish I had the answer for you, but I don't have a clue.

11. TwoBucks

Dislikes Received:
    No I wouldn't use both, for every two AA alkaline batteries I would used 1 3.7v rechargeable battery and 1 space holder.