Covert Customer Service

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Blarney22, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a problem with an mpe5 I purchased earlier this year. I was instructed to mail it in for repair. A week later a brand new mpe5 was on my doorstep.

Thought I would share my good customer service story.

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Always great to hear of good CS.

Blessings.......Pastorjim

3. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Same thing happened to me. I didn't even have mine registered or anything. Top notch customer service!

4. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    They do have the best customer service! Its just a shame that so many customers have to use it.

5. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of people have to use the customer service? Out of the 17 Coverts I have, I have only ever had to send one back in. I have had great luck

6. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice to hear. I haven't ever had to use it...I have on MP6 that has been on the same tree for over two years now...maybe longer...lol.

7. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Their Customer Service is Top Notch!

8. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I sent an MP6 back earlier this year and just sent another mp6 last saturday. Still havent received anything yet but I am assuming they are busy due to the hunting season.

9. Scott/IL

Scott/IL Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What are you guys sending the cams back for?

10. patinthehat

patinthehat Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    mine wouldn't turn on after i put new batteries in and used different SD cards. But I bought it from someone on here so I have no idea what happened to it before i bought it. All of the ones I have bought brand new are still going strong and working great!

11. BigDaddy

BigDaddy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have had 4, and I have had to send each one of them in at one time or another. It just seems like there is always someone who is making a post about having to use the customer service. Don't get me wrong, I still think that Coverts are by far the best camera out there for the price range, and they do have awesome customer service! But I have had just about every brand of camera out there at some point, and I never had to use their customer service.

12. Beehunter

Beehunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For what it's worth, I had to call Moultrie CS last week regarding an M880 that has a no longer functioning flash. I may as well been talking to a brick. They informed me they weren't accepting anything out of warranty for service. Pressed for more information, the rep proceeded to tell me I would be better off just purchasing a new camera.

So, I will follow her advice....... But it won't be a Moultrie. Worst CS experience I have had in awhile. (Camera in question is less than 18 months old but out of the 1 year warranty period.)

I guess it's time to give the covert line a look.

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, I had an issue with a Moultrie that was under warranty. Worst experience I've ever had. They said send it to them. I did....nothing 2 months later. I called they said I never sent it to them. I had a confirmation that they did too. Finally they sent me mine back. They never even looked at it...lol.

Sent from my Z665C

14. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah same here with Moultrie. 2 cams, 2 CS experiences. Never will spend another dime on them.

15. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So is there a out of warranty replacement? Does't matter how good the CS is if the camera doesn't make it through the second season.

16. Longdraw

Longdraw Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Picked up a Cuddeback and tried to register the cam to active the 18month warranty via my "smart" phone. Put it in the woods that next morning. Come to find out the registration didn't go thru, and you only have ten days to register after the batteries are installed. I call CS and told them I may not get back to the cam for 2 weeks. They said it was on me and there was nothing they could do.
    I plan on leaving it in the woods till the batteries are dead then return it to Cabelas. I also found out this cam has been discontinued for some reason-maybe why it was on super sale...
    Time to look at Covert.

17. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed! 1 out of my 8 isn't too bad either. If I were still running moultries or WGI that number would be a lot higher.

I have a lot less problems with my coverts than any of those brands listed above. The other reason why I think we see more covert customer service posts is because when the cams are working, they are awesome, and if something goes wrong you actually wanna get it fixed and get the cam back out there. With most of my moultries and WGI's (except the m-80) I knew they were junk and unreliable and figured if I got a good year of pics I was lucky. Essentially they were disposable to me. Coverts on the other hand are on another level and I actually want to get a cam fixed that goes bad.

18. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Scott,

My MPE5 was having an issue with the OFF/SETUP/ON switch. While in the off position the IR's would all light up if I held it in an upright position. I noticed this while putting it into my gear bag one day, I thought I left it on but after opening it up it was clearly in the off position. The problem persisted so I contacted Cover via their website and they said send it in.

It was a 2013 model but I did purchase it this year. It looks like they sent me a 2014 model, the latches are plastic instead of metal like my 2013 model.

I am very satisfied with the customer service, they rectified the issue quickly by replacing the camera. It was maybe 5 business days between me sending it off and me receiving a new replacement.

19. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I believe we've had right around a dozen or more Coverts and have only ever sent 1 in, and Pat told me when he got it it was fine....probably just a lose wire or something. New one sent back to be safe. Good cameras, great price and many of my cams are going on season 3 with no signs of stopping. Had 2 OLD C.A. models that finally died after 4 years of nearly 365 days a year use....I'd say that was money well spent!

20. Scott/IL

Dislikes Received:
    For the cost I find them on sale, they are more than worth it. It took me a bit to find how to use them best in my situation, but all is good now. I have 4 as of now, and will probably pick up 2 more before next season if I find another deal.

Having good customer service when there is a problem, just makes sure I will return to them in the event I do encounter a faulty cam.