Questions about this bear

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by aleeco77, Sep 15, 2014.

1. aleeco77

aleeco77 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    image (1).jpg image (2).jpg image (3).jpg

I caught this bear on cam a lot this summer, these pictures are from July. I was wondering how much you guys think it weighs. I was thinking about maybe trying to take it out this fall when bear archery season comes in. The only reason I want to hunt it is because there are quite a few bears starting to pop in our area, which is fairly residential. They are becoming a little bit of a nuisance, getting into trash and such. I keep my trash locked up so I have never had a problem, but this bear is continuously within 300 yards of my house and others. Im pretty confident that it is spending most of its time on my land. So with that being said, here in WV there is a 75 pound live weight limit on bears, and since I have very little experience judging bears I was curious what an estimate weight might be for this one. I think it looks a little small. We had a giant of one run through our front yard last summer and that's the only thing I have to compare it to. Any advice and input you guys have would be much appreciated.

2. pastorandrew

pastorandrew Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would say 100-150 pounds. he should make the weight limit!

3. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I think he definitely makes the limit.

Blessings. ..........Pastorjim

4. choppersk61

choppersk61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    2 year old max... looks around 75-80lbs max on the pics borderline legal.....

This little guy that my son took was 73 pounds gutted and looked bigger than the one on your pics when standing on all 4...

DSC_0014aa.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014