Audible Shutter Click

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by bsutfin11, Aug 27, 2014.

1. bsutfin11

bsutfin11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I just received the new Cuddeback E3 black camera yesterday and started it up in the house. It seems like a well built camera for the $150 they sell for. Looking forward to seeing how this camera stacks up throughout the season.

One thing I did notice though is that it makes an audible click when it takes a picture (I am guessing this is the shutter). I'm just looking for some opinions on if this really will make much difference to the deer at all or do they just kind of ignore it? If it does make a difference, in your experience, are there ways to get rid of, or at least dim, this noise at all?

Thanks!

2. rustyreno

rustyreno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use Wildgame innovation cameras and there is an obvious shutter noise when it takes a picture. Sometimes it is a light click, and then other times it is pretty loud. I don't know why it is different each time, but with that said I have not had a problem with deer running away from it. Often times they stand there staring at it, which helps me judge how big they are, and the same deer always come back.

Where I hunt, there are always atv's and dirtbikes so they may just be used to all kinds of human interaction. Their reaction could just be based off of what they are used to seeing and hearing and nothing to do with the noise the camera makes. I think that is what makes the difference.

-Andrew

3. rsmith

rsmith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't worry about it, like the user above me said, they may look at it which will help to your advantage but I would worry about it it won't bug them they hear noises all the time in the woods, a little click won't spook them

Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  4. bsutfin11

bsutfin11 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for your thoughts guys! I figured it might not be an issue but thought it was a good question to ask anyways. My last trail camera was a moultrie m-880 (i think is the model) and it basically broke the first season i used it (last year) so I'm trying cuddeback this year. I've heard good things about moultrie but maybe i just got a dud. Mainly i just want something that is going to have a decent battery life and take decent pictures, I don't really care too much about anything else. Next year I may have to look at the cheaper options closer to $100 like the Stealth cams people seem to rave about on this site.

Couple more weeks til opener....excited!

5. wewilley

wewilley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have a E3 and the sound you here is at transition one time a day i have other cams that do the same thing the cam takes good day pictures but very good night pictures and i love the set up between day and night but the G42 takes better over all pictures JMO

6. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    AGREED! If the white flash doesn't spook them, that shutter noise won't. They will get use t it making that noise in no time and pay it no attention..

7. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would be worried about a camera that makes noise when triggered

I had a few of the older Primos cams that did that an it would flat out turn a deer inside out sometimes.

That being said I doubt it with bother 100% of the deer in your area but I would still be concerned

8. Ky Bob

Ky Bob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Does it make the click every time it takes a pic? All IR cams will make the click twice a day to move the filter. If it does it with every pic the deer will definitely take notice of the cam.