Covert Code Black Question

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by Swampthing, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Took my laptop with me to check cams yesterday so I wouldn't have to switch cards. After putting the pics on my laptop and switching the batteries on my Code Black it stopped sending pictures. I realized it wasn't working before I left the farm so I went back to check that camera and try sending a test picture and the cam kept going through the 10 steps and then giving me a 'network busy 3933' error. All of the options in the menu were still the same. I thought maybe it just needed some time but Istill haven't received any pics today and it's not responding to my #200#on# commmand. Any ideas.

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    NETWORK BUSY:
    1. There isn’t enough signal to successfully send the image.
    2. Also may happen when there is no money balance for the SIM card or provider has given you the wrong sim card and you will need to contact them and have them provide you with the correct SIM card.

My guess SIM card

3. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a problem with a code black a while back, it quit sending pics a couple of times and the SIM card was the problem. Pulled it out and stuck it back in and it's been okay since but long term I'm probably gonna replace the card to be on the safe side.

4. Swampthing

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. I had aSIM card issue when I first got it, but I got a new SIM and everything has been working well. The cell service is really good so I doubt that's the issue. Last time I went to the AT&T store to add money I didn't feel very confident that the worker had done the 'right thing' with the $10 I paid, so there is a chance that's the issue. Just wierd timing that it would stop when I check it. I'll try to go back and take out the SIM and re-insert it, like Mike suggested, and see if that solves anything. Otherwise it might be another trip to the AT&T store.

5. Swampthing

Dislikes Received:
    I ended up calling AT&T last night and sure enought, the person at the AT&T store had put the wrong 'plan' on my SIM card last week. Just a weird coincidence that it happened to stop working immediately after I switched batteries. They were able to switch it to the 1000 text plan over-the-phone, and the camera is now responding to my #200#On# command. I have not received any pics though. Could just be that no deer have been in front of the camera since last night, but I'm wondering if I forgot to do something when I switched batteries. All the setting is the menu looked the same so I just flipped the cam to 'on'. Anything else I needed to do?

6. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    I always put the camera in set up and let it login

You can text it #500# and it should end you a pictures.

7. Swampthing

Dislikes Received:
    I did the set-up/log-in part.

The #500# command has never worked for me.

I'll give it a few days to see if pics start coming. If not I'll go out and check the cam.

8. Swampthing

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap! I just sent the #500# command and it worked for the first time since I bought the cam. Now this cam is even better. Looking forward to picking up a few more.

Thanks for the help, Pat.

9. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For a guy that claims to be a Richard-head, Pat is an okay guy. :D

10. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    Great now everyone will know ... I have a reputation to uphold !!