What to do ? i need info on a recurve.

Discussion in 'Traditional Archery' started by solocamin1, Mar 31, 2014.

1. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone im a compound guy but i went to a garage sale this morning and bought a recurve. Now im not sure if i want to try shooting traditional or if i should sell it. I bought it from a old farmer he told me Its a 1968 bear tamerlane recurve i know nothing about these bows. What do you guys think its worth its in mint condition the wood looks awesome and it looks like it has a glass or plastic type coating on the limbs and thats also mint no cracks or anything. Any advice on this would be great thanx.

2. VA Bowbender

VA Bowbender Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The best thing for you to do is sell it to me. I'll give you $100.00 +shipping.
    Other than that you'll need matched arrow, glove or tab and learn how to tune it. We need more info to help you though. ie: bow weight, your draw length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah i was thinking of just selling it. I dont know what i need to shoot and ive never shot traditional or a recurve. My draw is 28.5 he said its 45 pounds at 28 draw and gets heavier past that if that makes any sense i dont know. I bought it cause it looked cool and i didnt even wanna go lol the wife had to drag me out of the house and i ended up buying this. But thats a great offer i might take that i wont lie i paid 30 bucks for it he wanted 50 so i guess its worth what i paid i wasnt sure.

4. VA Bowbender

Dislikes Received:
    If you want to sell it PM me and we'll talk address.

5. Matr138920

Matr138920 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I personally would have someone that knows about traditional bows more than you look at it very thoroughly, a lot of times those older bows should not be shot, because they where not cared for and they sometimes break. If so it would make a great piece in a den or trophy room or something like that.

6. VA Bowbender

Dislikes Received:
    That's actually quite a rare occurrence.