Wisconsin deer hunt 2014-Big changes are here.

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by PSEREVENGEMAN, Sep 20, 2013.

1. InTheWoods

InTheWoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's the exact line of reasoning our state's former Big Game program manager used when we went to electronic registration. The people who will cheat already are. And he said that they always see a drop in women deer hunters corresponding with increased bag limits. :p I do understand the concern regarding the bonus buck tag which would also decrease the doe population if most people were honest in their methods. A lot of liberal bag limits will eventually lead to a lottery system like that which applies to most of Minnesota. One deer period and you have to enter a lottery to draw a doe tag for gun season. So kill a bunch of deer now for the next several years - too many - and then pay the price for the forseeable future.

2. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was the same thing here, but if it is or isn't happening hasn't changed the harvest numbers. For the most part they've stayed pretty consistent since check stations went away compared to before. As far as the buck thing goes, complaing people will shoot too many small bucks having a extra tag and taking away your ability to shoot a trophy animal isn't a great thing to base your concerns on. I can manage my property as strict as I want but that doesn't mean the 10 guys arounde are doin the same, its just part of it.

3. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Something is wrong. Not all management units are equal. I run 4-6 trail cams year round. For the last 3 years I have only had 5 adult does using my land. This year is the same, 5 does with 3 fawns. My fawn production and fawn recruitment SUCK! Three years in a row, same number of does and fawns. Then, I have 12-14 bucks that are regulars throughout the year with another 10-12 traveler bucks show up or pass through. I need does man. Can't kill them off or I'll have nothing to attract the bucks.