Trophy Ridge React Pro disappointment!!! Advice needed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JHasty, Jul 11, 2017.

1. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys needing some opinions on good sights that wont break the bank. I got a new bow for father's day and have been ordering all of my accessories to go on it. Well today I got my sight in which was the Trophy ridge React Pro 5 pin. I had the old version and LOVED it. So needless to say when I got my bow set up today and got home and began shooting I was totally DISAPPOINTED when the sight began rattling and making a twang. I tracked the rattle down to the two knobs that are used to make micro windage and elevation adjustments. I tried everything I know to get rid of noise. When I lock the smaller adjustment knobs down and turn the larger knobs one or two clicks until they are just a little snug the noise stops but within a shot or two they are loose and making the noise again. I took the sight off and shot the bow without it and not a sound so I know that is where it is coming from. If I cant get it figured out Ill be getting a new sight. I was looking at the HHA sights but don't know much about them. I like the idea of not having to sight it in every pin one at a time but rather sight in two distances like with the React and HHA sights but not really in a position where I can drop 300 or 400 dollars on a sight. Just wanted to get some other bow hunters opinions on good sights and on the HHA from people who have used them ( quietness, ease to set up, how well are they built, etc.). Thanks in advance!

2. trtodd13

trtodd13 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love my HHA sight. I never shot well with multiple pins which is why I switched but was quickly impressed with how sturdy they are

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

cant and JHasty like this.
  3. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Have you contacted Trophy Ridge? I've had 2 of their sights with no issues and currently shoot the older React 5 pin you had as well. I'd tell them the issue you're having and see if they'll send you another sight. It could be a fluke with that one but not sure. Most archery companies are good with holding up to a standard and I wouldn't think they would be any different. All they can do is say no and then you can move on to another brand if that's the case.

I've heard great things about HHA and Black Gold. As with any company their prices will vary depending on features.

JHasty likes this.
  4. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Contacting their customer service is good advice. The react sight is too expensive to just throw away and write off.

For what it worth, I've had good luck with their higher end sights as well. Well built and of good quality. Nobody is above accidently sending an occasional bad part out the door though.

Sent from my VS500 using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

JHasty likes this.
  5. dukester78

dukester78 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have the hha ds optimizer sight built like a tank user friendly and bank friendly never did good with multiple pins

JHasty likes this.
  6. Rangerdan

Rangerdan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    HHA all the way! You wont be disappointed.

cant and JHasty like this.
  7. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Talked to customer service to day. The gave me a return authorization number to send the sight back so they could look at it. Ill give everyone an update once I get the sight back as if they fixed it or not and the customer service aspect of it and what my determination is whether or not to stick with them or switch to a different company.Thanks for everyone's input!

Hillbilly Jedi likes this.
  8. Hillbilly Jedi

Hillbilly Jedi Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good to hear they are gonna take a look at it. Let us know what happens!

JHasty likes this.
  9. killer chill-r

killer chill-r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Axcel Accu Touch on my Spyder 34 & the Amortech on my X7. I really like these sight. Super bright. My Accu Touch is a .010 pin & the Amortech is .019,on the Amortech I've had to put tape on the window to dim the pins down because shooting in bright light they halo real bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

JHasty likes this.
  10. Bow Diddley

Bow Diddley Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to the outcome. This is on my short list.

JHasty likes this.
  11. JDUB

JDUB Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have a react pro...well actually I've had two...neither rattled so might just be that particular sight.
    I also own a MBG ascent and I really love it
    The axcel accutouch I had wasn't worth the money and pins no where near as bright as MBG or Trophy ridge

JHasty likes this.
  12. 95grvrMotive6

95grvrMotive6 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No problems with my original or 2 react pro's. I would contact TR

JHasty likes this.
  13. JHasty

JHasty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just wanted to do an update on my post. I contacted Trophy Ridge and they gave me an RA # where I could send the sight back. I got a package in the mail today and it was my brand new sight. Got it mounted up and sighted in and the rattle and twang I was having with my other one is gone so I'm guessing I just got a bad sight last go round but they made it right so customer service gets an A+ in my book. Thanks for everyone's input!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Schuls and 95grvrMotive6 like this.
  14. Fix

Fix Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good to know. It's key knowing who stand behind their stuff.

JHasty likes this.
  15. MIHOYT89

MIHOYT89 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    JHasty likes this.