Tinks scrape drip

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Adam Miller, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Adam Miller

Adam Miller Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I always see Tyler has good luck using the Tinks scrape drippers. What does everyone fill there’s with and how often? Just seems to me that it could get expensive doing this.

2. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry Tinks ! BUT Here is my take on scents----look at any store that sells scents ! What do you see ? Bottles upon bottles of Tinks, Right ? Now lets just say on average stores may have 50 bottles of Tinks during the fall ! Now how many stores do you think have Tinks scents ? Oh yea include Canada ! Thousand,s right ? well I am thinking there may be 1,000 stores in a hunting state like Wisconsin, So that could be 50,000 stores just in the good Ole U S A right ? At about 50 bottles per store 50,000 X 50 = 250,000 bottles of Tinks Scent. please tell me where do they get all these does in heat ??? I don,t use the stuff, not just Tinks either.

3. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I personally have tried every "attractant" product known to man. Including baiting which is allowed in my province. (It's like a state, except north of the border it's a province).

Personally other than does and yearling bucks. I've never shot any big bucks over any of them. And when I do see a deer, they know they are coming into something not natural. So they are super spooky, taste and scent on full power. Rifle hunting 100 yards away could work. Bow hunting I find it almost impossible to draw on a deer in this state of mind.

All my best success has been setting up stands with no scent, no calls or rattles. Not letting anything in the woods know I'm there. Because when deer walk past that situation. They are relaxed, not as spooky which gives me plenty of time to field judge the animal, and if required make a good shot.

My two cents. Save your money. Don't buy any scents. Don't buy any calls. Spend time instead doing recon out there. And put the hours in.

blackbear and Fix like this.
  4. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Mock scrape worked good last year, saw consistent movement on camera. I think biggest thing is timing, placement, and type of scent during different times of season. I also think every deer is a little different, so some might hit it better than others.

5. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hi there fellow Ontarian. I agree with most of what you stated but I would have to say I've had great response to pre-orbital scents. Notice I said "had" since we can no longer use and natural scent here anymore. Now I will cut a licking branch from one area then wire it up where I'm hunting....I don't think that's illegal.

6. bowhunt4abuck

bowhunt4abuck Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All it takes is the right branch in the right spot. If there are already deer traveling through the area and they feel comfortable standing in the open there during daylight then it can be helpful. All I did last year was cut a oak branch and use metal fence posts and wire to hold it up. They ended up breaking the branch around prime time so this year I put a treated 4x4 about 5’ in the ground and attached a adjustable flag post holder about 6.5-7’ up and around September I’ll put a oak branch in it and have the end of it about 5’ from the ground. I didn’t put a drip of scent on it if it’s in the right spot they will use it. IMG_0338.JPG IMG_0027.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

7. DrSnake

DrSnake Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
Tags: