They are on the way...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Apr 3, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The trees I ordered. I have 15 arriving on the 4th. So today I know what I'll be doing. Getting the holes ready for the 2 semi dwarf apples.and the blk. Cherry tree. When I have a red maple and a few bushes. To be honest there were 10 tree trees I picked I can't remember what I picked out...lol then I have bunch of trees arriving in May. 25 concolor fir. I checked my chestnuts in frig and today at least one will be potted up so I can plant thatthis coming fall. I'm hoping the rest break through soon.

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Updste I planted those trees n my tree plotthe cherry has rocketed a s well as one of the apples. The othet appl got nibbled but has new growth.

Now I dug a hole for a new Dunstan my Son in law called me about and offered to pick up. Well they held it for me and today we spent the 4th with them. They load the tree in the truck and call me over to check how they secured it. Lol I look and said you grabbed the wrong tree to my husband. No this is the Chestnut hill look at the tag. Yes but that's the nursery name not the tree. Those are persimmon leaves. Son in law felt bad,I just laughed and said it's a grafted female and I need it a perfect mistake! Now I'll have chestnut ,apple,peach, cherry and persimmon in that plot surrounded by mature red oak and wild apple.