Team 30 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Illinoishunter102, Aug 25, 2012.

1. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys home from my vacation in Arkansas. Had a good time checking trail cams and seeing some MONSTER bucks but did not have time to hunt. While I was there, I had done some things I thought I would NEVER do in my life. I ate the hottest pepper to date thanks to the best uncle in the world ;) It was called the Trinidad Moruga Scorpion. Tasted sweet and not too bad at first. Then it turned into Hell. Rates something like 2.4 million on the Scoville scale. It is 8 times hotter than a Habanero, and 4 times hotter than a Ghost Pepper. This little pepper had my eyes watering and felt like my stomach was churning lava. Not only did it hurt for the next hour, it lasted into the next day. And when you had to take a load off, again you were in tears. But I was actually happy to say that I ate it! :) Now....to turn those little peppers into a rub for Deer steaks!!! :)

2. CFStinger

CFStinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well after a busy week, I am all done!! Buck is on the Scorecard!! Remeasured and noticed a mistake, score went down slightly to 79 3/8". Gonna work harder yet next year. I am already looking for new treestand locations based off how I saw things going during the rut here this year. I will keep checking in on the rest of you. Sorry I could not contribute bigger, but it was a real pleasure working with you all towards scoring as good as we all could. Now, to those still climbing trees, good luck and may the biggest of your hitlists goof up and cross all of your paths!! Hunt safe, have fun, enjoy all that there is out there and I will keep checking in.

3. 2xlung5h0t

2xlung5h0t Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    got us a nannie down .. im sorry im never on here but I'm still thinking bout you guys!!
    deer 119.jpg deer2119.jpg

4. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was out the other night...Work a smaller buck in from 80 yds, grunting and finally snort wheezing at him...Misjudged the range though and shot under him, clean miss, funny thing was he jumped at the shot, but I was able to call him back to about 40 yds but never got anopther clean shot...Weather is changing up here, gonna get cold, will hopfully get out Sunday.

5. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys. Been hard at it 11 sits in 8 days and 5 of the sits on our lease in Jo Davies. The hill climbs on the lease wore me out! With the wind/rain and rising temps for the next two days, I'm going to use the time to recoup. The bottom is supposed to fall out on the temps this week here.
    As for movement, I've been seeing small bucks chasing does. Had small bucks in range and had a half rack come in. Several does were in range but they get a pass for a little bit. A buddy of mine was hunting 200 yards away and had a 160 come bolting out of a ravine chasing a doe but that was all we saw as far as any bucks of size goes. I hope the activity escalates here.

6. CFStinger

Dislikes Received:
    Nice doe 2Xlung!! Congrats on filling a tag! Hope you have great luck on the buck, and I really hope you are able to get us out of the upper 70"'s for bucks!! Do us proud and lay a big one down. Good luck.

7. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Good sized doe.

The weather definitely is not helping this year. Its been pretty warm and 40-50 degrees wont cut it. After this weekend, the temps are supposed to really dip down, this should change things. Unfortunately, gun season is next weekend so im sure a lot of deer are going down. Can't decide whether I want to gun hunt or not.

8. CFStinger

Dislikes Received:
    Hope you can hold to bow Illinoishunter102. I would have loved to have gotten a bigger buck this year and could have with my gun. However, it is so much more rewarding to do it with your bow. This buck this year has been my only my second bow buck and first since my original in 2007, and I am thrilled. In our area of Minnesota this year we were only allowed two tags and having filled out completely by bow, I am just thrilled. Love my biggest buck that I got with the gun, but the regrets I have that I didn't shoot him with my bow (and I could have as I shot him with slug gun at 10 yards!) are enormous. Do what makes you happy above all, but be aware, if you do get that monster with the bow you will have a trophy above and beyond just the memories potentially. But as I said, above all, do what makes you happy.

9. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Was out yesterday in 30 degrees temps with winds at about 15-20. Was just gettin gready to call it a night(a little early) hooked my bow up and lowered it out of the tree, turned to unhook my safety harness and saw a giant bodied buck. Never even looked at the antlers more than to see he had some. He was moving pretty good, tried some grunts and even a snort wheez but couldn't turn him around. Turns out that a rifle hunter on the neighboring property bumped him walking out....Now that I know he's in the area the hunt is on...

10. skillfullrug

skillfullrug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys im out Here for a couple days on my lease hope something happens this is from last night [​IMG][​IMG]

11. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Wow...Git-R-Done

12. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck skillfull. Nice cold front def. had bucks on their feet.

13. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    He's one for the scorecard guys. Shot him in IL. Tuesday at 6:40 am at 25 yards. I scored him at 134 7/8
    P6100232.jpg P6100233.jpg

14. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice buck madman

15. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck madman

16. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Hell yeah man! Congrats on the great buck!

17. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well got the old monster at 35 yards with the gun. Funny how stuff works out like that.

2012-11-18 12.11.20.jpg

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  18. BowhuntMN

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, madman and headstrong...Nice looking deer...Temps are supposed to be near 60 this week, who would think that in MN in November...Going to try to get out Wednesday morning, don't get to many chances at morning hunts so I have to take advantage of it...good luck to all....Happy Thanksgiving

19. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Headstrong congrats man what a Beast!

20. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Holy hell, awesome deer dude! Figures you had the slugger with you..