Team #20

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by MUDSHARK, Aug 25, 2012.

1. MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    i'll be out tomorrow morning til noon. I work at 3 pm

i'm getting frustrated. i had moved over 150 yards due to the land owner of the property next door was cutting fire wood. He was close by and now he has moved in on me. I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose. but man i can't get away from him.

the other day my daughter saw a big buck after she stepped off the bus from school, at the edge of the field behind my house 375 yards behind my house. She could see big horns . i was 300 yards further to the west.

Monday is the last day also. I'm off all day Monday the 12th

2. gutone4me

gutone4me Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like I am putting the bow up for a bit Gun this week in Kentucky and then off to WI for gun on the 17th.

Going back to Kansas around Christmas with the bow so we will see.

3. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck pat.
    I am feeling a little guilty that I was not putting fourth all my efforts on a big buck lately. It was set to be a good weekend here weather wise for being in a tree, but the farmer called and said there where tons of waterfowl in his corn fields so I have been doing that, and I will be doing it again tomorrow. brought home limits of mallards and canada's today. Hoping for the same tomorrow. I told the guys I have to get in a tree tomorrow evening so we will be bunching it early. Big cold front pushing through and its suppose to be raining up until early afternoon tomorrow so the evening sit should be good.

4. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    It's been frustrating so far. Well i worked last night 3 -11 and on my way home, I'm able to take a car home if i work a double back (3-11 then next day 7-3). So at 1050pm i'm all most home and drive by a field and what do i see but a nice 10 or 9 Pt. He is hanging real close to a doe. She looks like she is ready to squat and let him have her, but all he does is sniffs and licks her and then nothing, he walks a way not to far thou. i need to get into that area and hunt it / Monday is the last day

HOPEFULLY HE IS STILL THERE ON MONDAY / No Sunday Hunting in PA

5. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    BUCK DOWN,

8 Pt,

More later i have to go get him out of the Woods

NOT as big as i hoped , but he will do

6. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Shark!! I am jacked to see some pics and hear the story.

7. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work MS !

8. jarodkallal

jarodkallal Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice job mudshark, cant wait to see it. and Cav, i was scanning through the scorecard and im not sure if your buck hasnt been counted or what but it says it needs to see the scoring sheet.

9. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    CAV, They need to SEE the scoring break down of your Buck.

left beam... XX inches
    right beam...XX inches and so on.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
  10. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    DSCN2050.jpg without further adue [​IMG]

I was being frustrated by the deer and the land where i hunt. So i thought long and hard about where i was going to hunt on the last day of the season. I planned to sit all day. since the property owner was coming on a reg basis on the property right behind my house, i planned to hunt the farm 7 miles away even though the last couple of times i was down there i didn't see anything. i was set up at 0630 am and as it tuned daylight a did a rattle squence, waited 20 / 25 min and nothing. i rattled again and i said to my self that every time i play on my phone deer show up. Sure enough a buck showed up. but just behind some brush 35 yards and walked away. i tried grunting, snorting, can call and nothing. As i sat there i said i'm in the right spot, they are moving. about an hour later i heard something to the East and i looked up and saw a doe and a button buck about 70 / 80 yards away. They started to walk my way. i thought cool, i'm seeing deer. then i saw the buck, he grunted and the button buck got the heck out of there. The buck followed the doe right to me. i had to wait to grab my bow because she was 5 yards from me and looked up at me. She then went north past the stand and he followed. When he was quarting away and 12 yards. i grunted to stop him and fired a Grim Reaper high in the chest into the Oppsite leg. He did a high kick and started to run off with the Arrow still in him. however when he jumped blood went flying in the air and landed on his Antlers. It was a cool site to see. he ran with a broken leg about 40 / 50 yards and stopped reared up on his rear leggs and hit a tree and then hit the ground.

I told my self the first buck that came by that gave me a shot i was going to take it. I am very HAPPY with the Buck. I have 2 JR hunters to take out in rifle season. besides i haven't killed a buck since 2008 gun or bow. (2008 Bow). i think this was the same buck i passed 2 / 3 times before.

Not the bigest scoring deer that i have had but he is MINE. great memory also with the owl and all the deer that have come this year.

Attached Files:

11. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]THEY COME UP?

I COULDN'T GET ALL THE PHOTOS TO COME UP TOGETHER

12. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
  13. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
  14. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow way to go Pat, you are a true sportsman. That was a great story

Nice work on the other deer guys!

I’m back from 9 days in the woods and came home empty handed. Had a few days of young bucks chasing but most of my sits I never saw a deer! Never seen anything like it. The seasons not over yet so I’ll be back out!

15. gutone4me

Dislikes Received:
    I wish it was me but I was on another farm when the owner of DLC Covert knocked this one down. At least I did my part and got the before pic ! Mid 160's ! Before pic is 18 yards from my favorite bow stand !

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. jarodkallal

Dislikes Received:
    wow pat that is a nice buck. I finally had a good buck in bow range tonight but the problem was he only had one side. he apparently broke the other side off. only 2 more days until illinois gun season, so hopefully i can put one down before i head out with the shotgun.

17. cavicity2

cavicity2 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try to find the score sheet for the buck. I figured it was small enough not to have to worry about it. I'll get it updated in the coming days.

18. MUDSHARK

Dislikes Received:
    When is everyones last day of archery season.

1 st season was over 11/12/13 2nd season starts 12/26/12 and ends in january 13

19. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    I have until the end of the year. Unfortunately for me school is only getting more busy with finals approaching. I am going down from 3 or 4 sits a week to maybe 1 :rant: only 2 more years of classroom time left for me. I am definitely ready to be done with it.. This weekend I wont be out at all. Next weekend I am hoping for 2 sits and if I am lucky I will get one sit the weekend after that which would bring me to the last week or so before finals so most likely no more sits after that until the end of the semester. I will sit all Christmas break until the last day of the season if I have to.

20. jarodkallal

Dislikes Received:
    in illinois its from oct 1-jan 15ish. just depends on when the days fall. the only time we cant bow hunt is this weekend and the first weekend in december because of shotgun season. so im putting the bow down today and hoping for a couple with the good ole slug gun.