Team 20- Buck Dynasty Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I had plans to get out Sunday but that didn't end up happening. I was working around the house Saturday and had to move the snowmobile. Trying to lift it a little I strained my back real bad. After a few hours at the emergency room today I am not on pain pills and bed rest for a few days. Hopefully I will be good to go before the end of the week so I can get back out.

2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Get better Ferg! Well I had an awesome sit with my son yesterday evening. I watched him put down this 162" Buck with his Muzzle loader! Im a proud papa once again![​IMG]

3. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well i hunted this morning and evening and screwed up this evening on a decent 5pt would of been a 6 but his g2 was broke off. He came in and i had to wait forever for him to turn broadside he finally did and let one fly but he was on alert and he jumped my string and it sailed right over his back at 22yrds. i watched him run off a ways and stop then he walked away, an hour and a half later he came back but it was too dark to shoot. Going back out in the morn i saw 5 different bucks today and about 12 doe hunting im bummed i missed but it happens i guess hopefully tomorrow i can redeem myself.

Hope your feeling better Ferg, Good luck Guys and Happy Holidays!

4. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Man finner i know the feeling, i have had that happen many times and it wears on ya! Keep at it bro!

5. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Holidays Team!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Hope that everyone had a great Christmas! I am still planning to get out his week and hunt since I am off of work till the 2nd. My back is feeling better but I am still having a lot of hip issues so hopefully a day or two more rest and I should be alright sitting in a tree for extended amounts of time! My season goes for another 3 weeks so I am far from done! I am planning on hitting my spot tomorrow and checking a few cameras so I have an idea where to hunt when I get back out in a few days! Who is still hunting?

7. carnivore1

carnivore1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I will be heading out this afternoon for probably my last hoorah for the year. Season closes on Dec. 31. We have a sharp cold front coming in later tonight and I hope the deer will feed heavy ahead of it. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else still hunting.

8. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well tomorrow is the last day of season here, im going out for the afternoon hunt to give it one last try, were in a deep freeze here -7 tonight and high of 1 tomorrow, just maybe i can get a last day deer. Good luck guys and Happy New Year!

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys hope that everyone had a great Holiday season! I know hunting season has ended for several of you. Who is still hunting? I will be out again in a few days after these -teen temps leave the area. I still have about 10 days so really hoping I can still get something done. I will not ice fish again till I get one or hte season ends!

10. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Or it is after dark in which case I can't be out hunting anyways! LOL

11. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys mine ended on the 5th, I didn't get another Doe, I either seen nothing but Bucks or nothing at all. Didn't hunt the last weekend at all, It was really crappy! Had blast being on the team with you guys! Im already plotting Turkey hunting and Bowfishing. Good luck to those still hunting, we made a great run!!

12. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Well not that it appears everyones season is over I just wanted to take a second to thank everyone for the great effort and all being a part of this great team. We had a great run and for awhile it looked like we might really be in the running for the title. I am sorry that I was not able to contribute points to the team but it sure wasn't for a lack of effort. I enjoyed being captain and I am already looking forward to next season!! Hope to see many or all of you at the Bowhunting.com GTG this coming June 7th!!!

13. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yea we had a solid team here, I wish I could have also contributed with a buck just never had an opportunity close enough. Congrats to all those that got deer and if some didn't next season is right around the corner!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk