Team 19 - Optibows Prime

Discussion in '2019 Deer Contest' started by cantexian, Aug 26, 2019.

1. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cantexian, @grommel, @Hammer1171, @Ranbo, @jstephens61, @ESbowhunter, @whitetailjunky3, @wl704, @Ruttin1, @BuckHunterUnlimited, @Oldcarp

Roll call boys! Let's get it started!

My name is Adam. I live in Little Rock, AR and hunt public land. This year I am trying urban hunting. The urban season opens September 1st. I get two tags to start for the urban hunt and more are available if those get filled. No tag limits or antler restricts, this is a complete population control hunt. Urban tags do not count against my normal statewide limit of six. Regular archery opens September 28th. I have a couple of reliable public lands spots and this year drew one of the best limited access archery permits in the state. Archery season here runs until the end of February.

2. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Bill, here. Checked in.

I'm headed to CO next week to chase elk, but will be hunting NC public lands. So I'll quickly disappear from the forum, for a week or two...

Our season (central NC) opens 9/7 and I'll hunt with the bow till rifle season (mid Nov). I'll probably be hunting mostly Saturdays, and maybe a few Friday afternoons, since I'm working out of town most weeks (M-Th).

Now, NC is not exactly known for giant deer, especially on public lands. I've scoped out quite a few spots on the public lands. A few I've had increasing opportunities on and more importantly, few folks venturing into...so I have hope.

3. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ryan here checking in I hunt Ohio.
    I hunt all private this year. I have 2 farms in the family I hunt and picked up an additional 7 or 8 new spots this year plus a bonus spot in south east Ohio if I can make it down there. I am off oct 30 thru nov 5 for my rutcation and then all all of Ohio’s gun week. I am definitely good for a doe and we will see what bucks I have closer to season. I have to work opening weekend that sucks. I look forward to a fun year and getting to know you guys. Hopefully we have active thread as I have been on teams that don’t and it’s no fun I am willing to set up a group me account for us if everyone wants to something I have done on teams in the past and it was fun just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cantexian and Oldcarp like this.
  4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Dan Here Checking in.
    I hunt here at home in Utah. My bow hunt Started last week. Most everything here is Public. I have been after Elk and deer. The only thing hurting me this year is I have Family in Kansas and the Farm got flooded out not once but three times. So there isn't much there. Kansas was my go to for deer. I look forward to having a fun year and getting to know you guys. If I don't respond for a few days at a time it usually means I'm up on the mountain enjoying life.

wl704, cantexian and whitetailjunky3 like this.
  5. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keith here checking in from Maryland. I too will be heading to Colorado in Sept 15-20th trying to punch an OTC elk tag. Hunt some public land in MD and it has always provided some good opportunities. Haven't seen a P&Y deer there in a few years but there's always hope. Hunt another private piece with some nice deer but nothing huge so far. I also hunt a piece of land that has a non-native species called Sika. Cousins to the elk. They are some awesome animals. Maryland season kicks Sept 7th and runs until Jan 31st.

Bill, where in Colorado will you be hunting?

Good luck this season guys!

6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be will be hunting with Matt (bz_711) in the NW toward Meeker for elk.

If we happen to fill both tags, we'll try to meet up with Will (iamyourhuckleberry) to try to help him, as he was able to draw a moose tag.

Some day I'm going to make it up there to chase Sika... Mostly near the coast, as I recall.

Where abouts are you hunting in CO, Keith?

Hammer1171 and Oldcarp like this.
  7. jstephens61

jstephens61 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in.
    Season starts here in Illinois on 10/1, but not sure when I’ll start. Headed to Wyoming in a couple of weeks with a general elk tag. Hopefully I can fill it and the bear tag and be back home to deer.

Oldcarp, whitetailjunky3 and wl704 like this.
  8. Ranbo

Ranbo Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Randy here checking in from northern Illinois. I hunt some private and some public. I cant wait to get in the stand. If the old buck i have in mind shows back up soon like he normally does i plan to get on him right away. Look forward to sharing a fun season of memories with you guys!

9. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    While we're waiting for the rest to join...

Team name ideas?

10. ESbowhunter

ESbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Cole checking in from Delaware. I hunt private land in Delaware and occasionally some on the eastern shore or Maryland as well. I will bow hunt thought the entire year and Delaware season opens September 1st.

grommel, Oldcarp and cantexian like this.
  11. Ruttin1

Ruttin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ruttin1 checking in. Or, Steve here from Greenville, WI. I am hunting private land in Southwest Wisconsin. Looking forward to it big time. I only got out twice last year and missed most of the season due to surgery. We kick off mid-September here. Stands and cameras are out and ready to go. Hope to see some decent bucks on camera next time I head over. Good luck to everyone this season!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thought of "Buck shots" for a name

13. whitetailjunky3

whitetailjunky3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    tall tines
    chasing November
    Those are 2 names I have come up with so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh to be 19 again

Oldcarp and cantexian like this.
  15. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
  16. Hammer1171

Hammer1171 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be in the Uncompahgre National Forest. Counting down the days. I hope you are all able to punch tags. Moose is next on my list.

You are correct on the Sika. They love the marsh of the Eastern shore.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app

17. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    BuckHunterUnlimited: Chris checking in. Sorry I am on working assignment in Hawaii and missed the team post. I am hunting West Central Illinois, hunting two private farms. I have two either sex tags and two doe tags. Trying to manage the herd on both properties, so plan is one buck and one doe per. I will start after my wife’s birthday 5th of Oct.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

18. BuckHunterUnlimited

Dislikes Received:
    Bagger Chance
    Venison Vigilantes
    Rack-N-Stack
    War-N-Piece
    Sticks-N-Strings
    Hunt-N-Release
    Mad-Stalkers
    Bucks-Stop-Here

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

19. cantexian

Dislikes Received:
    Shot several groups at 30 yards last night as it was getting dark. The bottom arrow was dropping on every grouping. One of the fletchings is not quite centered. I will have leave it as a designated practice arrow or redo it.

IMG_6307.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

20. BuckHunterUnlimited

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I have a flier I am going to see if I can get fixed, because arrows are not cheap. I will paper tune all six to see if it is unique, make any adjustments if necessary. If it is unique, try to get it fixed and if not I will take it out of the rotation and replace it. This is my mental tick of never wanting to see bad arrow flight over and over. You may more discipline than me, though. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

cantexian likes this.