Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Caleb how did you get a chick like that? :confused: lol You better keep here around. :tu:

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Because im awesome as hell away from the internet :ninja:

Honestly i just have a lucky track record and I have no idea why (ask Shultzy or 130woodman LOL).

Shes been hunting for a few years but has never killed a deer. I set her up last year during gun season and she froze up on a buck and missed a doe. Shell kill some deer this year though, no doubt.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy s4

3. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    You guys can PM me if you want my number or Facebook.

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha I bet they have some good stories. Good luck getting her on some deer and to her on putting one down. Ive only been at it 3 years now so im hoping the 3rd season is the charm for me to drop a buck.

5. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    I got my first buck in my first year and have been very picky ever since. Ive probably passed 60-80 bucks that ive had within 50 yards over the last 6 years.

Im hoping for lucky number 7.

6. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Captain vote:

Dawg: 0
    Oly: 1
    Siman: 2

7. MN-IN.A.TREE

MN-IN.A.TREE Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Same boat for me Oly. It has been cool getting better as a bow hunter. My first year I hunted hard and finally had my first group of does in range on the morning of December the 3rd. Last season could have shot a doe almost every weekend on the same farm, passed on some smaller bucks, had 2 shooters at 60 to 70 yards but they never got any closer. This is hopefully the year I can be set up on a decent buck at 20 yards! hope the same goes for you.

8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Remember guys that this tournament is for fun. Does are valuable and the winning team every year doesnt kill monster bucks, they kill alot of bucks.

9. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone should try and get a vote in. Seems like we have a pretty talkative team, which will make for a fun season, but if we don't get a captain picked along with a team name we will talk ourselves right into the season with no name!

10. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Been there man. You get more and more comfortable with it as time flies. This is my 8th season, and ive killed 10 deer with my bow (2008 was my only blank). Every year I get more and more confident.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  11. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man. :tu: Good luck putting one down.

I have to shoot a doe first to be able to shoot a buck at the state park. I might be head home for a couple weekends to try and catch a couple one of the bucks that move past my stand on a consistent basis.

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The first one come by almost daily in the morning and the comes back about an hour later. He walks right past my stand so im hoping to catch him doing that in the start of the season. The other pictures are bucks i hope walk out at some point. The only down side is that they are all 3 hours away back home.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  13. MN-IN.A.TREE

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed! I remember looking at the results from last year, and that was the case for a lot of teams... I am going to hold out until a buck steps out that really gets my heart pounding. wether that is 120 or 150 I will have to find out. No matter how many pictures I look at to try and judge inches, I know I am not going to be spot on until I have seen a buck from 20 feet up, with the adrenaline pumping, and put an arrow through him and get him home to measure out. Until I get better at estimating inches, it will be whatever gets the heart pounding much harder then anything I passed on last year that gets an arrow.

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    DAWG's Team tied for WIN in the shed contest!

15. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Buddy! Just a point to bring up though! You are a good dude too but dont try to get votes by putting that great looking lady you got there in pictures with you! We all know she is the winner over you sucker!

16. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok here is my intro since some of you dont know the DAWG! I am 39 years old from Pontiac, IL. I am a Die Hard hunter and Shed Hunter. I am one of the TWO best cooks at the G2G Camp Out! Minus this year since I got promoted to a Sergeant at the Max Prison that I have worked at for 18 years! I love hunting so much and all the outdoors stuff that my wife stated "If I ever made you pick either hunting or Myself I think I would be packing my bags!" I told her to keep thinking that way so she would never ask. LOL I would be happy to help any of you kill deer if you ever need help! Look me up on Facebook if you wish!

17. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Dawg I think we should meet up one weekend during the season. Im always looking for guys to hunt with and you're not far from me so we can probably work something out.

18. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds good to me OLY!

19. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just sent you a facebook friend request Oly

20. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My name is Tyler Kroh (Add me on Facebook if you want), I'm 21 years old originally from SW MN, but currently living in South Dakota. I'm on a break from college this semester to earn some money, but I'll return in the spring to finish up my degree in Wildlife and Fisheries Sciences.

I've been bowhunting for 6 years now, and it has been a while since I shot my last buck, mostly out of pickyness. I film all my own hunts, and I'll post a lot of pics and clips throughout the season.

I don't have much of a hitlist this year due to trail cam issues, but I know in MN I'm chasing lucky. Lucky is a deer I shot back in October, that managed to pull through and was last seen in February. This year I think he will gross around 165 so he is deffinitly my main target there. SD I have two tags, my west river tag is reserved for a muley and my east river is reserved for first public land buck above 130" to walk by.

Oh and in two days my hunting starts, as I'm heading 8 hours west on Thursday for antelope hunting so you guys can be jealous :tu:

If any of you guys want to trade phone numbers just shoot me a PM or a Facebook request.