Team 15 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SouthDakotaHunter, Aug 25, 2012.

1. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Who has tags left? I have two MI tags and two WI tags, I'm hoping to fill them late season.

3. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have my gun and bow tag left. 2 1/2 days of gun hunting for me. Might try muzzle-loader for the first time this year though. Hope to fill bow tag in late season.

4. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Technically I have one more buck tag left... Only issue is that I have to drive a couple of hours to use it... After I shot my buck last week I was planning on hanging up the bow for the year - but I'm like a crack addict - it's not that easy to stop... So - depending on how things play out, I may run out there and hunt Sat and Sun - probably last decent rut hunting I'd be able to get into this year...

5. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Thanksgiving Team 15 & Counting!

6. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Supposed to get up to 8 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow... i might have to grab the bow and find a tree!

7. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Yall! It's been awhile just checking in. Anyone still in the woods? I'll be starting a doefest in the next week or two... should be fun. Look forward to hearing from you guys!

Last edited: Dec 2, 2012
  8. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    With all but one archery tag filled I'm pretty much winding down and spending more time with the family... Starting to do some research and put some time\thoughts into how I want next year to play out - what I'm going to apply for. I've never leased ground before but with the popularity of archery hunting lately, there is getting to be lots of pressure in the area's I've traditionally hunted in the past and I've got my eye on a property - weighing the thought of inquiring about leasing it... Hard to write a check for hunting when you haven't had to in the past :-)

9. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have two tags left...one herd control and one archery antlerless. Suppose to warm up a little this weekend so Im debating whether to sit out or not...I have a small food plot area which I did not plant this year because the neighboring land owner was being a jerk, but I have not sat there at all this year. The area is typically good for some does, and I have plenty of deer sign around the water hole, and a permanent "Tower of Terror" elevated platform stand. Decisions, decisions...

Good luck to any one else sitting out this weekend!

10. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Doefest this weekend in WI for me!
    Anyone still in a tree?

11. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i have been do a lot of duck hunting i have one buck tag left for my bow and one week left of the season i will try to get one more time

12. NC_Bowhunter

NC_Bowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Finally gonna get some time in the woods this weekend....First time in almost two weeks....This time out of the woods has sucked!! Good luck to anybody hunting out there.........

13. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be in the blind this weekend! Had to put the blind back out over the winter rye field. On our way out to the spot in the field, we saw 5 does, and on the way out saw a small 6 or 8 pointer. He was laying on the edge of the field in the tall grass. Must have been waiting for us to leave!

Good luck!

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, I just our team standing compared to the other 37 teams, and we are doing pretty darn good! We are at about a #10 ranking for points. Great job guys!! (Although I wont complain about additional points added for our team!)

15. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    No doubt, very respectable showing! Even just one more deer down could put us around the top 5 teams or so!

Locker called, picked up my deer meat today... Freezer is now stocked with deer sticks, salami, ring bologna, etc. :-)

Good luck to everyone still hunting! Late season can still be a great time to get a deer down on the ground - look for those food sources!

16. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys it's been awhile since I checked in... I have basically turned my attention to doe's and filling the freezer this late season. I will be in WI one more time I suppose a monster could step out for me then! Good luck the rest of the season everyone and happy holidays!

17. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, its been awhile since Ive checked on. Hope everyone is doing well and thus far satisfied with your hunting expeditions during the past few months! Im looking forward to August 2013, which is when my bowhunting will start once again with a Canadian bear hunt! From there, I will spend more countless hours practice shooting those tough shots with my bow to curb the itch to be out in the stand until WI bow season opens. I am already making food plot preperations and planning. (Once again something to curb that itch!) This was my first year on the bowhunting.com forum, and I was very greatful and blessed to be placed on a team for the deer contest with a great group of avid outdoorsmen with a vast knowledge base of so many different categories. Thank you to each and everyone of you for offering your expertise, advise, and moral support amongst other conversation pieces in which we had to pass the time through this past season. Good luck to each of you in your future endeavors and if anyone happens to be in the area of Central WI, shoot me a message, and maybe I can arrange to show you some great trout or gill/crappie fishing spots! Happy New Year!
    "Junior" Stacy

18. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Happy New Year everyone! I was lucky enough to harvest a doe last weekend (a day before our season offically closed) felt good getting on another blood trail! Can't wait til October 2013! :)

19. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Years! I would like to get out and kill some yotes this winter - just not sure if I'll have the time - that's about my last possibility until Turkeys this spring (though I'm not sure I'm going to chase birds this year)...

Its been a pleasure being teammates with everyone!

-Jason

20. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Well.... Thanks for helping make 2012 a successful and enjoyable season Team 15 & Counting... It was a pleasure meeting all of you and I look forward to keeping in touch!

Have a great offseason everyone!