***Team 10 Nocked and Locked***

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by Sticknstringarchery, Jul 7, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For those who seem to have forgotten, here's a visual of the final tally from last season :)

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Well Im here. Haven't been on in a while. But Im not to surprised to see TOM talking smack after we stomped him!!!!!

3. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone seen any post from cougarmag lately? I was thinking he didn't participate much last year but, I could be wrong.

4. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just pulled the trigger on a new bowtech insanity. pretty pumped to get her sighted in and ready to go.

5. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    CPX or CPXL? I'll en up with a CPXL for a target rig.

6. liwhitetail

liwhitetail Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    CPX, I liked the CPXL too but I hunt blinds and tight trees a lot so wanted the smaller ata

7. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    I've hunted and practiced with 38"ATA bows in a blind. Unless the Blind was uncomfortably small to begin with, I didn't have any problems.

They are both nice bows for sure. You will not be disappointed.

8. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm in! I've seen some hog daddies this summer. Could be a good year here in N. MO!

9. Cougar Mag

Cougar Mag Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm here and not ready to go, but I will be guaranteed!!!!!

10. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Only three left to check in and we are fully staffed ready to get Nocked and Locked! Looking forward to this season!

11. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Blah blah blah. Good luck guys and gal. You're gonna need it

12. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Checking in late, but I think you guys knew I would be around! Just got married so needless to say I now have some more time to get back to this site!

I've been putting in a ton of woods work and preparing myself more now then ever. Got a few good bucks on camera. WIll pull cams this weekend. Now is when we can really see what deer are in Wisco so I'm excited to start putting together a hit list. The Coverts have been out working for a few weeks now so I'm excited to see what these beautiful weapons have captured for me. I still have a lot of work to do and need to spend some quality time with my new Helium.

I like the confidence Tom is bringing with his chirping; it helps fuel the fire. We will lie quietly in the weeds and let the points talk for us again this year. If I recall actions speak louder then words! Happy to be back and looking forward to another great year together. Its never too early to start game planning crew so start shooting out questions and give updates on what your doing and we can continue to help each other from early on. Knocked and Locked!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  13. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to see you back bro! Sounds like you've been putting in your time as always.

Congrats on getting hitched! Not sure I did that yet.

Update in me for the coming season. I'm going a different angle this year. Totally changing my game from any other year. I stopped running cam last summer which kept me out of the woods as much but, was still out there more during the summer months trying to scout. This year I can count on one hand how many times I've been in. This is season 4 for me here and the deer patterns haven't changed so I'm going on history now.

At the end of last season I went in one week after closing day and pulled stands as quietly and stealthy as I could.

I didn't set foot back in until May when I scouted for fresh signs on all the normal trails. The fresh sign was there as it always is.

First week of June I went back in during a moderate rain and cut lanes for the stands I wanted to hang and a climber location. I did this in hopes of keeping noise an scent concealed.

I went back in second week in June and hung stands on a day I knew it was going to rain that afternoon. Again to attempt to conceal my scent. I also put out minerals that day in my 3 year old mineral station that they has already started attacking an I haven't put minerals on since last year. There were hoof tracks about 3.5" long all over the station. I'm really hoping its the deer I've been watching since he was 2.5 years old and about 120" then. If so, he should be 4.5 years and in the 140's. Even though this is NC, we have some good generics in the area. A 160-170" was killed about 5 miles from here 2 years ago and my neighbor has pics of a group of 3 nice 120"+ in a series o pics from last year.

Even if I don't put down a buck, I'm sticking some doe this year!

Nocked and Locked!!!

14. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome back Dunn. Congrats on the nuptials.

-D

15. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Dunn welcome to marriage...you know what your marriage and the 2013 BH.com Contest has in common? You will never win again! :lol:

(I am very happily married but couldn't resist this one)

16. Dunn County

Dunn County Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That was nice; I'll give you props for that one. All I know is my wife is sure happy right now which means I'm sitting good for getting away to hunt when season rolls around here soon! I ain't scurred, my team will quietly do work again this year and as long as they are all active and helpful on the board I will consider it a victory even if we never take a deer!

17. hoyt_64

hoyt_64 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Recruited my wife to help finish the fall plots tonight. Clover plots look great. Planted turnips, oats and wheat food plots tonight. Fertilized too. Pray for rain and hog-daddy bucks in north MO!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375842800.750051.jpg

18. Sticknstringarchery

Dislikes Received:
    Looking good. I hope we all lay down a buck this year. I'll put another doe on the board for us for sure. Hopefully a buck also.

19. drath

drath Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I took a four day last weekend (Aug. 1st-4th) and headed up to my dad’s cabin in north central MO. We put in one last little food plot, did some tree stand safety checks and maintenance, and put out a pair of mock scrapes. I hung two Magnum Scrape Drippers with Active Scrape and used Paul Pollick’s preorbital gland spray on the licking branches. Man, that stuff smells like wet deer. This is the first time I’ve ever done any scrapes so hopefully it works. We also did some general fixing up around the cabin. We fixed the bunk bed, did some minor plumbing work, mowed, put some rock in a washed out ditch, etc. And we still made time to have a few cold ones and wet a line in the farm ponds. It was a great weekend and everything seems to be ready for the season to start. After locking the gate on the way home I got back in the truck and said, “Next time we come through this gate, we’ll be goin’ huntin’ buddy!!!” I’m fired up.
    Hoyt_64, I hear ya about the rain man. It’s dry as a bone up there. Sure hope you get some soon. I know our food plots could use some.

-D

20. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like everyone is doing great. Everyone get ready its just around the corner. Drath Ive had some good luck with the mock scrapes, but you have to make sure you stay sent free when you check them. I like to use rubber cloves and either where my hip boots or chest waders when I go and check my cams and change out mock scrapes. Good luck every one and stay safe.