Stealth Cam Wifi wireless card reader

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by kern06, Jul 19, 2017.

1. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Just got the new wireless card reader. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it yet? Either I don't know how to make it work or I have a defective one.

I downloaded the 'free' app that you are suppose to and it cost me a dollar. Not a big deal but it doesn't even seem like the right app? I can connect to the device through the wifi but I can't get any photos to come up on my phone.

I called customer service the first time and was told it will only read cards with stealthcam pictures on it. I found a card with nothing but stealthcam pictures and still no luck. I called customer service a second time and was told that the card needs to only ever be used in stealthcam cameras for it to work with the reader which I find hard to believe. They also said that is the way all card readers are, not only the wireless one. Again, hard to believe.

So if anyone has any input or could help me out I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have the wireless one but the standard card reader reads cards from any camera. What app did it tell you to download?

3. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I kind of figured that, thank you for confirming my suspicions. I had to download an app called CloudHUB.

4. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. copperhead

Dislikes Received:
    Hey brother. I ordered one. I kinda wanted to check it out anyhow says it should be here Saturday. Once it gets here I'll see what I can do with it. Which iPhone do you have?

6. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. I believe I have a 6. Hopefully you figure it out and it's just operator error on my part.

7. copperhead

Dislikes Received:

hey kern06 ok I got the card reader last night. I think you might have the wrong APP. There are several in the App Store. The one you want is free and has an icon that looks like a bull. The author is Qunhui You. The only way I could tell was the screen matched what was in the instructions.

There is also a web interface. Once you turn it on after the light in front turn blue you can connect to the wireless interface. After you are connected you can bring up safari and connect to http://192.168.168.1 That you can do with out an app and you can also do that from a laptop. but you can do that to test if its really working. The instructions do say that the card has to be formatted in FAT32. So you might want to try that if its still not working for you after getting the right app. Let me know if you have any other questions.

8. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you for all the info! Good catch on seeing the screen matching the picture in the instructions. I'll try the correct app tonight.

9. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Working now. Just needed the right app. Thanks again!

copperhead likes this.
  10. hammer40330

hammer40330 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    So what does this wifi card do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. kern06

kern06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put my SD cards into the card reader and it allows me to view the pictures on my cell phone wirelessly. Makes it easier to share photos on my phone (texts, social media, etc). It is also acts as a 3000 mAh charging station. I should get 1-2 full charges to my iphone if the unit is fully charged but I haven't tested that aspect of it yet. I think it can do some other things too but those are the two main functions I'll be using it for.