Single vs multiple pin sight

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Marshhunter1221, Mar 17, 2017.

1. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I prefer a three pin movable sight. I set pins at 25-35-45. My middle pin is the floater. With all of my current set ups when floating my middle pin it's a50 yard split, it becomes 10 under and 5 over.
    I found a three pin set to be a good compromise between a clear sight picture and not needing to move my sight on 90% of the game I kill. If I was just whitetail hunting from a stands I would probably put a single pin head on one of my sights.

2. BB4tw

BB4tw Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just picked up a Copper John Dead Nuts 3 Mark 4 sight. It's a 3 pin slider (came with 5 but I took the 2 yellow pins out).

I plan on leaving it locked in the home position for hunting and 3d but it's nice to have the slider available for some fun practice.

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

3. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Slick Trick Magnums. Blood trails are fantastic. Better than any other fixed blade I have tried.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

virginiashadow and trial153 like this.
  4. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Thanks man, I am going to give Slick Tricks a try this year.

5. vanfossen

vanfossen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Really comes down to preference. I prefer fixed pins, currently using a 5 pin. Hunting is playing odds vs opportunity. Usually I only have a short window to harvest the animal so ranging then having to spin a dial takes too much time and risks missing the opportunity. So I range my shot windows and use my fixed sights. I don't like to make guess work out of sights. I owe it to the animal to make the most ethical shot. Anyone that practices like they should won't get pins mixed up. Plus more moving mechanical parts leads to a higher chance of equipment failure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk