seeing way too often

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by Skunkworkx, Nov 26, 2016.

1. bry2211

bry2211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

This is a very good point that I have never considered.

It brings to mind getting stung by a bee. If you think its still around, your going to keep running or trying to get away from it.

Another great reason to strive for a pass thru.

2. mikido

mikido Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot
    Fixed G5 montecs. Most times they pass through clean. Although less blood than mechanicals, the deer usually run a little bit, stop and look around, don't know what happend, then fall down.

I personally prefer this to more blood with a mule kick and full on sprint.

3. NEW61375

NEW61375 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I understand the op's original question because many times I'll be watching a hunt unfold (not just BHoD) and the hunter will be trying to get everything right and trying to get a good shot with the deer in view. Usually it works out but sometimes you see questionable hits or less than ideal shots that are clearly a result of fidgeting trying to get everything positioned.

I think we all understand that any kind of variable you add into a shot sequence can cause "issues" and positioning a camera certainly falls into that category. This is not meant as a knock at all just an observation, like stated more often than not it works out but every now and then I can't help but think they should have taken the perfect shot they were presented a few steps ago even though the camera wasn't quite right.

4. Skunkworkx

Skunkworkx Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I started this thread not to "knock" anyone, but to bring to light that "we" as Hunters need to make the best shot we can to harvest our game as quickly and humanely possible.
    Yes, there are variables, like cameras, that can/will come into play....but it's the best way that we can all enjoy the hunt as if we were there with them :bow:

:bhod:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017