Scent Storage

Discussion in 'DIY Archery & Hunting Projects' started by POWERHAWK_11, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Mathewshooter

Mathewshooter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the Hunter Specialties Scent Safe Storage Bags. They work great and seal with Velcro and a zipper. I have 4 or 5 of them. One for under layers, one for outer layers, one for my Heater Body Suit, one for my backpack and my son uses one.

2. DnH_Scents

DnH_Scents Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Very inovative idea.

3. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I too dip my stuff in the carbon synergy and wash it with there stuff as well. As far as the carbon goes I am not really sure, it only cost $6 a tub so I figure I'll do it a couple times a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like this!

I use a tote, but will add this carbon...why not.

5. Biz

Biz Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I do the exact same thing except for the bungee cords, but I like that idea.

6. Ravenhunter

Ravenhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I buy the active carbon already in a mesh bag. You do have to change that carbon out to as it will become saturated with odor. I swap out the carbon bags every 2 weeks

7. DJinNC

DJinNC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I keep it relatively simple. EVERYTHING even straps and ropes in a plastic container in the garage. On the bottom is a nice layer of leaves. on the top another layerof leaves. They stay there year round!!! I will replace them as they disapper (but not toattly after all.... the woods smell like decaying leaves right? I do spray my clothes down with promethrin inside and out before eachealry season totake care of any critters that might find a home. So far works.... I keep it in the truck. The scent is a strong cover and adds a little confidence (in a ddition to scent killer) if I have to gout with out a shower(after 1/2 day a work)

8. ShaneB22

ShaneB22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    you can get a small scentpurge 50 for around $50 and will do a better job at eliminating odor. I think field and stream did a test on it and they used a drug sniffing dog, for two tests using scent elimination soap and baking soda it took him about 14 seconds to find the right box and with the scentpurge 50 it took around 40 something seconds and with the scentpurge and soap it took him 50 seconds.