Running Tuning thread

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Kfili, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Figured if I started keeping track I would be more effective, gonna start a running log of my tuning and set up. Feel free to follow along, ask questions, or give me some advice.

2. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Running a Parker Python (2012) at 70lbs and 29 in.
    SO started off with a new string, took the old string off, put the new string on after marking dloop and peep. Tied on a nocking point that put the arrow level with berger hole, and had to move my peep way up. Got the peep where I wanted it and put string silencers in and tied the drop away rest in. Shot it a few times to make sure its all shot in before setting anything in for sure

Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
  3. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Next was a quick paper tune, made sure it was just close enough wasnt sure how much weight I was gonna need in the front of my arrow so I didnt care if it was 100%. Did a quick walk back tune, and left-right was solid to 50 yards (with field tips)

4. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Now that I know the bow is shooting 'well enough' I wanted to get my arrows dialed in to the set up. I am running Gold tip hunter XT's 300 (in the form of blackout X3's). have 3 with the regular inserts and 3 with 50 grain. I shot groups to see if there was any noticable difference in the groups. I got tired pretty quick and the groups broke down so I didnt see anything conclusive. Gonna pick it up tomorrow. Also going to shoot broadheads at distance with both tips because that is where I expect to see any noticeable difference.

5. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Also need to rotate my peep, cant use a twist because it only needs to be twisted a little. Will have to take a string from one side and switch it to the otherside of the peep

6. Kfili

Kfili Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Forgot to update, shot ore groups with two different set ups and the extra 50 up front made a pretty noticeable difference. (certainly could have been because I thought it would) I ordered some more 50 grain inserts and will finish building arrows this week.

7. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Complements on making sure your equipment works and is accurate. Taking an ethical shot with anything. bow, firearm, etc. is a must. I need t o get out and take some pracitice time.