Rest tuning

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by joep, Jul 23, 2017.

1. joep

joep Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have read on here where people are rest tuning for windage and elevation adjustments. I thought once the bow is tuned at the shop , paper tuned the rest should not be touched and all adjustments should be done with the sight. Back into archery for a little over a year, I shoot almost everyday. What's the deal? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Typically, bow tuning and paper tuning are done with a field point for accuracy and adjustments are made at the sight. Once the bow hits accurately with field point, it is time for broadhead tuning. If necessary, adjustments made for the difference in point of impact between field points and broadheads are made at the rest to ensure thw best arrow flight possible.

Shoot a few broadheads and if they hit differently than the field points, move the rest, not the sight. Move the rest in the opposite direction of the broadhead POI. So if the broadhead hits right of the field point, move the rest left to have bith hit at the same POI.

3. joep

joep Newb

Dislikes Received:
  4. kurveball18

kurveball18 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just because the shop said they tuned it etc. doesnt mean it was tuned perfect and in most cases it is not as most shops have lots of bows to work on so they dont get it perfect. The rest is on you.

I would look up Walk Back Tuning and/or French Tuning on youtube and then broad head tuning. Doing Walk back tuning or french tuning is one of the best ways to get your rest "perfect"

killer chill-r likes this.
  5. joep

joep Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have not tried that I will Thanks