PSE Bowmadness 32 Snapped cable

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by JohnnyD, Mar 23, 2018.

1. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wondering if anyone has had this happen to them. Using my stock PSE set up for about two years (plastic cable guide). I put brand new Vapor Trail strings and cables in April 2017. I replaced the Plastic cable guide about three or four weeks ago with a PSE roller guide. (Just because it seemed more efficient and cooler) At my archery club last Sunday at full draw heard a crack them before I could even let down or think, a "BANG". cable broke in between the cable guide and the football for my drop away rest. Needless to say it was pretty violent.
    Do you guys think is was just wear or did it have something to do with the new roller guide? There was some wear from the old plastic guide.
    No real injury other than scuffed my face a little, oh and my nerves about pulling it back when the repairs are made. Either way replacing cams and strings as we speak.
    What do you all think?
    Thanks in advance for your comments.

2. JasonOhio2018

JasonOhio2018 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the bad luck. Honestly it would all be a guess. Some pics may help though. Good luck with the new set up.

3. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_1113.JPG IMG_1112.JPG IMG_1109.JPG

Not sure if these will help. I also have one of my face but nobody wants to see my mug

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

4. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Did it break at the football? Was thinking maybe that wasn’t fitted correctly and pinched it and weakened it. Just hazarding a guess.

Either way. Glad your okay

5. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Also did you have the limbs looked at for any possible splintering or cracking?

6. JohnnyD

JohnnyD Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes dropped at archery shop that morning. They disassembled and inspected the limbs waiting for parts and will be assembled and a basic tune. I had the guy serve the top of cable above the football in case it ever came loose. It did once and I noticed it and slid it back in place and tightened it back up. That was about 3 or 4 months ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums