Primos Surround View Gound Blind

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by lazuras_dc, Jan 18, 2018.

1. lazuras_dc

lazuras_dc Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone seen this new Ground Blind?

The only question I have that I can't seem to find online is if you can shoot through the material when archery hunting- I imagine they don't suggest it but it would be tempting! - looks like the windows on it are pretty standard- wonder if there is shoot through mesh for the window areas.

2. RyanW

RyanW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was wondering the same thing..... if you could shoot through that would be a pretty crazy leap forward in concealment....what ever happened to sitting still.......lol

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

dstouffer likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    The main materials that make up the blind are too thick to shoot though. You can shoot through window mesh though.

dstouffer likes this.
  4. DEC

DEC Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am really concerned that this blind will let in too much light. I know for a fact that this basic concept was tried by the original DB guys and it failed miserably due to it letting in too much light. Personally, I crawled all over this blind at ATA, inside and out. I have seen the promo video and many of the ATA videos. I don't care what the videos show, I could see the people inside the blind from the outside. What the promo video for example does not show is, that it doesn't show the blind like most would turkey hunt out of it, basically in an open setting with the long horizontal front window open. Once that window is open, the hunter inside will be illuminated due to all the light that is let it. Even with the two black sheets that Primos supplies for you to hang on the back side wall. (Side note ... who wants to deal with hanging black sheets?) Even if a bird comes in from the front, it is the side approach that I am 100% confident will get the hunter busted. Like I said, I could personally see in the blind from most all angles. A bird will silhouette the hunter on a side approach in this setup. Also, this "one way" see through materials is a heavy PVC type of material that will add weight, has an exterior shine to it, and it is unknown how it will hold up long term to UV, cold weather, and general wear and tear. You definitely won't be shooting through this material.

I am a HUGE DB fan, both original DB and most of the Primos DB stuff. I have owned or hunted out of nearly every model of DB blind ever made. I have around a dozen of the Dark Horse blinds that are my go to, an old T2, and a Shack Attack ... right now. I am not about bashing the brand at all. But I just don't see this product working, especially for the turkey hunter who sets up in a relatively open spot. Now take this blind and tuck it in a tree line and brush it in and I think it might stand a chance for deer.

5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    [QUOTE=" Now take this blind and tuck it in a tree line and brush it in and I think it might stand a chance for deer.[/QUOTE]

This is the key, can it be brushed it to prevent being seen while also still providing the incredible viewing ability?

6. henson59

henson59 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am one of those guys who really only hunts out of a blind when it's raining or really really cold. This blind doesn't look like it would be much help for me in any of those situations.

dstouffer likes this.
  7. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I hear what your saying about letting light in, but if brushes properly i believe it will allow you to see a lot more and still conceal you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk