predator camo?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by tc racing, Sep 25, 2017.

1. tc racing

tc racing Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    looking to buy either the highplains jacket or the whitetail g2. I do all day sits so warmth is a must. I realize the ambush is their warmest series but Im trying to decide between the two I listed. any thoughts will be appreciated.

2. cdemarse

cdemarse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Few weeks back I picked up a IWOM in predator fall grey. I'm really digging the pattern.

tc racing likes this.
  3. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have the g2 Whitetail stuff, picked it up this summer. So.... I hope it’s warm! Lol I get cold easy and if it gets too bad I’m going to order the warmest base layer I can possibly find. Good quality though. I bumped up a size, they run small.

tc racing likes this.
  4. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I am hearing issues with the sizing from other sources as well. Im just nervous to order a size up and have it be too big or the sleeves too long. is the whitetail jacket fleece on the outside or is it a hardshell? I'm going to try calling predator today and asking them a few questions.

5. Swampthing

Swampthing Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. slickbilly-d

slickbilly-d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fleece inside and out. It’s definitely dead quiet. I can’t say how warm it is because it’s 90 out. I were and xl shirt and either 36nor 38 waist depending on the brand, I got the xxl jacket and xxxl pants but the pants are pretty big on me. I plan on wearing them as an outer layer so I’ll have my scentlok pants and base layers underneath.

7. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    talked to predator today and they answered all of my questions. excellent customer service!

8. HuntMaine

HuntMaine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you make a decision after talking with them?

9. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    yes I went with the deception brown whitetail g2 series. she said it will be much warmer than the highplains. it is built more for the archer in mind.

10. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I used to use their camo exclusively. From that stand point, I really believe their patterns are superior. I just got sick of having such a limited selection of clothing to choose from. If they could ever market their patterns to Cabelas, etc., and have a wider range of styles and pieces, I'd probably switch back. The camo itself is amazing.

11. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I understand completely. I loved my asat. but the series I bought was just too heavy. it weighs a ton.

12. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only thing holding Predator back is.... Predator. It's the most effective pattern ever developed, it's to bad they can't figure out how to market or license it.

muzzyman88 likes this.
  13. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    I'm guessing they know what they have and are happy with the strength of their business. seems like when businesses go big time quality gets bad. once that happens you lose customers and usually they aren't ever coming back. like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it!

14. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The thing is, their garments are just OK. They are not nearly on the level of Sitka, First Lite etc. I am not saying all of their gear should be of that quality but it would be nice to have that option.

I have wore Predator for years, but is / was all Grey Wolf Woolens gear in Fall Grey or Fall Brown. I only have one set of it left. Gray Wolf Woolens used to be the king of gear but not any longer.

For so long the only thing Predator camo sold was cotton garbage.

15. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    for me Sitka, first lite, kryptek are way too expensive. predator is a good camo for a reasonable price. imo

16. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My point is Realtree and Mossy Oak became giants licensing their camo patterns out while predator was peddling cotton garbage.

It would be nice to have broader options in predator, but we dont.

17. muzzyman88

muzzyman88 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    buckeye, you hit the nail on the head. I used Grey Wolf Woolens stuff as well because I could get the camo in quality materials. Sure, its expensive, but when it lasts you 20 years... is it really? I clamored with Predator for years about trying to either up their quality and game on clothing, or license the pattern out to someone who knew how to make good clothing. Now, they put the best pattern available on walmart quality clothing...

18. tc racing

Dislikes Received:
    be interesting to see if Sitka and the other top brands make it 20 years if they are used on a regular basis. I get 5yrs max out of most of my camo. my rivers west even wore out in 5 yrs. I agree with wanting the patterns on other styles. I was in the same boat with asat. the stuff I liked didn't have their pattern.

19. JoshKeller

JoshKeller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I found that I did best in cold weather buying a light set of their fall brown 3 sizes too big, and just wearing it on top of several base layers and a wool jacket/pants. the under layers were fairly cheap since they werent camo or hunting specific. I did break down and buy a set of predator heavy weight fleece jacket, pants and toboggan and they are definitely warm.