Opinion needed

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Eric Blount, May 23, 2018.

1. Eric Blount

Eric Blount Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just shot the Triax...@30"draw shooting arrows with G nock. After first round the nocks would not snap back on the sting they opened the point of falling off
    Inserted two new ones into shafts with the same outcome..anyone experience this and what to do to correct?

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have not experienced it because my draw length is 27". I expect the sharp angle of the string is stretching out the nocks. If you can try a nock with a deeper throat, longer ears what ever you want to call it. Thats a guess though. can you post a pic of how you have your nocking points setup?

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's possible that the tech that set it up didn't properly space the nock points. This could cause the problem your seeing but it can also cause nock pinch and raise the arrow off the rest as you approach full draw.

It's also possible that the string serving is to big for the nocks you have. You can either have a shop reserve the string with properly size serving or you can buy nocks with a larger diameter groove. G nocks are available in both large and small groove options.

TheHardWoods913 and Blarney22 like this.
  4. Blarney22

Blarney22 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

This is why I love this place, a wealth of knowledge.

5. Excalibur

Excalibur Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  6. Eric Blount

Eric Blount Newb

Dislikes Received:
    After contacting Mathews and Easton the "G " nock is a softer plastic and @ higher ibo need to change out to the deep 6.....as I am sitting on a couple dozen of ACC shafte Easton sent the deep 6 out for replacement. Excellent service by both parties! Thanks for the response here