One week to go

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by LittleChief, Feb 22, 2019.

1. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Okay, so I retired on 31 August. We put our house on the market mid-September and after 20 showings in the first three days we accepted an offer and closed two weeks later.

Then I spent 6 weeks living temporarily in a crapola house (no running water, no A/C, filthy beyond belief) waiting to close on the new place in Missouri. We closed on it and I moved here.

My wife decided to continue working at St. Jude until 01 March, which is just a week away. She has been staying in our travel trailer which is parked in the RV campground on the Millington Navy Base. She comes up most weekends, but it's been a strain being separated.

Keeping everything clean, grocery shopping, doing laundry, doing dishes, keeping the dogs healthy and fed, not having anyone to talk to but the dogs and not being able to go anywhere overnight because of the dogs is getting a little tiresome. I'm not complaining, mind you. It's just a dull routine.

My wife cracks me up. This place has very hard well water so we just had a RainSoft whole-house water softener installed. The tub/shower combo was covered in hard water deposits. My wife told me that we would never get that thing clean. Well, on the next grocery run I picked up some kind of super toxic lime dissolver, put on some PPE and went to work. That shower came out sparkly and clean.

Being naturally proud of myself I took pics and texted them to my wife, who is a retired Navy Senior Chief. This was her reply to me:

"Looks good.

What a good little house b***h you are!

I think I'll keep you."

God I look forward to the 1st!

2. Frankiecruzer

Frankiecruzer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LC,

Congrats on your retirement!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LittleChief likes this.
  3. arrowflinger1

arrowflinger1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    LOL, one week and you will have her back at home and then it will get back to normal! Congrat’s to the both of you on your retirement, time to enjoy it!

LittleChief likes this.
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That what keeps couples together.
    :tu:

LittleChief likes this.
  5. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on her joining you in retirement. Of course, you realize, Chief or not, you just stuck yourself with latrine duty for the rest of your life.

Okiebob and LittleChief like this.