One of my best trail cam captures this year.

Discussion in 'Trail Cameras' started by oldnotdead, May 25, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is our 3 year old grandson that just made 180 yrd dash to a blind he spotted up the lane way... he was 10yrds from the blind when the cam caught him...I was huffing up from behind trying to keep up , LOL He triumphantly declared the portable chair blind was his blind. Why I do the work I do...Of course on the way back he could see the Gator at the head of the trail and kept saying "it's so far away Grandma!" Hahaha he slept well that night:lol:
    PS, Just ignore all my time /date stamps..I gave up a long time ago:confused:

DSCF0008.JPG

buckeye likes this.
  2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You need to get a better camera with a faster speed. His feet are just a blur!

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Lol I should have said, best subject matter cam capture.
    I stopped buying "good cams" a long time ago. I just want to see what critters are about on the place. I can buy 3 times as much coverage over quality as far as pricing with the low end Amazon cams. They work just about as long.

4. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Can not wait till November when I will be a grandpa. Told my daughter last night can't wait to teach the child how to start a fire with a magnifying glass.

Blarney22 and oldnotdead like this.
  5. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Magnifying glass? Used to do that when I was a kid. Wonder how many kids have ever seen a magnifying glass? My best for the new granddaughter. I have nine grandkids! Santa sends me Thank You notes each January.
    Girls can be dresses in so many ways- casual to frilly. Boys? Tee shirt, shorts, jeans or khakis are all you need.

6. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just went to my first grandchild's 1st b-day this last Sunday. I'm fully committed to being the grandpa that helps them "get into the trouble they haven't thought of yet"...and lots of fishing, hunting, and camping adventures.

7. Cannon06

Cannon06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My oldest is 8, last year was his first year to actually hunt with me. Fell asleep in the stand just once haha.

8. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Mod-it, you are in for a treat. Grandkids can be a lot of fun. Your list of three things is a good start to get them int the outdoors. Much better than video games. Video games are the same ol' thing. I enjoy watching the antics of the squirrels and birds around the bird feeder in the back yard. Never the same! Spoil the grandkids, fill them full of sugar and send them home!

Mod-it likes this.
  9. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    Your comment about watching squirrels and birds is exactly what I hope to instill in them. I hope they will just love being outdoors, regardless of fishing or hunting success.

Cannon06 likes this.
  10. John T.

Dislikes Received:
    Mod-it, amen! One of my grandsons is "home alone" as his older brother is helping with a baseball camp. He called my wife and asked if Pop-pop could take him fishing next week. Had to think for about 2-3 seconds. An excuse for me, as well. Here it is- fishing, shooting at the gun club and indoor archery range, lunch. Maybe not all in one day but his older brother might join us. Good time to take one or both scouting for deer season.

11. Mod-it

Dislikes Received:
    I have a lot of fond memories of my grandpa taking me and my cousins fishing during the hot summers. With my grandparents being retired, my cousins and I spent a lot of summer days at the grandparents. It wasn't all fun either, he made sure we got used to doing chores as well. They had two huge gardens on each side of the house, as in big enough that we worked them up with a tractor and plow before rototilling them to plant. Spent many an hour in them with a hoe. When we got older it was haying too. We'd start early in the morning and work until lunch. If there was a lot of hay still on the ground we would go back to haying in the afternoon, but there were several times that grandpa would decide it was too hot and we'd end up going fishing lol. Oh, and we NEVER caught more fish than he did.

12. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Catching my kids on the cams is always cool!