Official gtg camping information

Discussion in '2012 Bowhunting.com Get Together & Archery Fun Sho' started by jfergus7, Mar 4, 2012.

1. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Think we will just wait till it is closer and see what the weather is looking like and if anyone else is interested. If not we always have fishing and shooting at teh campground!

2. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Crick we gonna split again?

3. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    OK I’ve been toying with the idea of attending this year’s event, but was also planning to plant some plots on my ground that weekend (if the flood water ever goes away), plus I was hoping to do a lot of golfing and fishing that particular weekend regardless. Perhaps the mere mention of a bowhunters.com group golf outing has moved my attention more towards this event.
    What exactly goes on at these events other than bow shoots? Is mostly bow shooting all day? Does everyone go to bed at dark or are there a bunch of shenanigans running amuck. (I love shenanigans):beer::evilgrin::rock:
    My wife will be out of town that weekend :woot: which leaves so many possibilities open for myself; however, I’ll be left with my little guy (2 years old on June 13):whip:. I’ll have to check with my Mother to see if she could watch him that weekend. I give it my best to try and attend. It sure would be nice to meet some of you face to face, and beer to beer.
    Perhaps we can convince Todd to donated a few prizes for the golf outing. i.e t-shirts, hats, long wolf tree stands, bows, or weekend hunting with him on his lease.:wave: Jussayn. I have a strong passion for golf(but really good at it), perhaps as much passion as I do for hunting . So I purpose a four man/women shamble with a longest drive, closest to the pin and perhaps a worst shot ever contest (this has proven to be so much fun in the past when I put on scrambles).

4. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    I'm thinking that if we go golfing it will just be a few of us on Friday morning. As far as the rest of the weekend we have a great campsite that is reserved for everyone. At the campsite we will have plenty of room for shooting. We also have 2 ponds one on each side of our camp with no non bh.com campers anywhere near us. As for the Friday Night Fergus Bonfire I would have to guess that the typical bedtime afterwards is somewhere around 2am. Lots of bs'n, and drinking going on all night long! For dinner friday night IDW will be making his famous sammiches which you certainly don't want to miss!

5. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    man so many conflicts happening in my little skull right now. I'll give it the much needed consideration. Thanks for the information.

6. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ask anyone that has made it out b4. No dissappointments. Shooting is all day event on Sat. Sunday we all go out for breakfast b4 we go our own ways.

7. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Everyone calling in and getting registered with the campground? Any problems?

8. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I called and left a message for Crick and I to share a spot. I hope it works. I left my number for them to call too if any questions.

9. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    That should be fine. You are sharing a tent with Crick? Figured he learned his lesson about sleeping in tents with snorers. And for the record you are gonna be as far away from everyone as we can get you. Heard we might have a few other snorers camping so they might be over by you. Might just have to give all you guys your own section of the campground!

10. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If I had a place to plug in my CPAP I would be quiet as can be let a lone sleep a whole lot better. Thanks dad for the genes!

Crick we are reserved for the site again! Talked to them today!

11. ttraveler

ttraveler Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ttraveler and Xtreme 16 are registered for Friday and Saturday night. I'm bringing my earplugs...

12. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Come on Todd dont be scared!

13. Wesley Lofton

Wesley Lofton Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So from the sound of it, i need to bring my ear buds and crank up my ipod to sleep?

14. jfergus7

Dislikes Received:
    Either that or we toss him on a raft after he falls asleep and send him down river!

15. ttraveler

Dislikes Received:
    Not scared...Just learned my lesson from tenting it next to you and Crick last year. I need all the help I can get in the sleep department...

16. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    cough cough and also the shootin department! :evilgrin: sorry dad i couldnt help myself :tu:

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Just for the record, Crick does not share his tent with males! :cool: and im not one of the snorers, I bring a bag of ear plugs every year and a 3-d beat down to everyone in camp!

18. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You all make me glad I live 20 minutes down the road:rock:

19. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That is right same site different tents! NO spooning like them Hoyt boys at Raceways house 20 miles away! Rumor has it the hot tub is no cameras allowed so not sure what goes on there with the fellas! :dan:

20. ttraveler

Dislikes Received:
    Crick,

You're right....I know you tented NEXT to Dawg....just wasn't sure if it was one or both of you tearing it up in the snoring dept. You have been cleared of all wrong doing with the charge of snoring in public!! Dawgs the guilty one!
    Either way, we wouldn't miss it for anything. Looking forward to seeing everyone...Even Fergus!