Nixon Draft Him?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Germ, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Being the Lions went out and got two of the best OL in Free Agency, I have a bad feeling we are going to draft Nixon from Oklahoma, I am a solid no on this, what are your thoughts?

2. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Mixon....That's the team we have been hearing down here as well. As several Analyst and NFL scouts have said, he's probably the most talented back in the draft. I know I will miss him playing for the Sooners. He made a major mistake right out of school. He could have ran away from it right then and went back to Cali but, he stayed and stuck it out. For that and his play making ability he will always be one of my favorite Sooners. Some team will take a chance on him and the bad pub it brings but, they'll be getting a good one.

3. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I don't want the Packers to draft him, unless he drops into late day 2. We are not a running team and won't be as long as we have Rodgers and the receiving weapons on the roster. We need defense, some more defense, and then some more defense.

I try not to make determinations about a person's character that I don't know. I trust the Packers organization to do that, and if they decided he was OK for the team that is OK with me. if they make the decision and a proven wrong, that I'd hold against the organization.

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am of the NO party first day.

IF he falls to late 2nd day, I begin to soften up on this. However, this man would have the tightest leash which exists within my organization. I would have quite a few stipulations before he puts pen to a contract.

If I drafted him as an organization I would have a presser set to make it very clear this young man's past cannot be ignored. His past will impact the way the organization handles him moving forward. Hist past however does not dictate his future, and Mixon will control how long he will be with the organization by his actions both on and off the field.

Germ likes this.
  5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    KC did this last year when they drafted Tyrek Hill. It was a risk, but they felt good about how he has worked to be a better person. So far, the Chiefs have come out smelling like roses.

OK/Sooner likes this.
  6. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He seems like he would fit right in at Detroit, just as morally bankrupt as the city.

7. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks from a state that went for Hillary Clinton:)

8. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The vikings will not draft him:evilgrin:

9. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They don't suck like we do

10. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Oh yes they do.

11. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Germ I am sorry it was wrong of me to take a shot at Detroit. It was in poor taste. I do not take back the part about the viking suction.

12. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I will LMFAO if the Packers take him. I have heard plenty of my Packer friends complain and bad mouth anyone who is caught doing something wrong. I am also suprised A LOT on one of the posts in here already!!!

13. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sota I have a Barry Sanders jersey I bought in 1991 at the last playoff game the Lions won, we are a special kind of suck. Which is why I feel Nixon will be a lion.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  14. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Tom- the Packers did bring him in for a visit, for what I don't know. I would not think that Mixon would fit the profile of what Ted Thompson would draft. What the kid did was a reaction in an instant, he snapped and punched a woman. Would you keep a dog that bit your kid just once?

15. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Personally I think EVERY team would take him...the debate is at what point each organization feels is worth the risk.

As I shared earlier if I take him I'm having a presser immediately to make it very clear his past does control how he will be handled and treated, no excuse for it...however he governs his future with the organization whether that is less than a year or a whole career.

My bet is some team is going to after interviews make a call that he is worth it and take him before the end of the 2nd round...shoot could even be the Packers for all I know. None of us are in the interviews with him....so we just have to wait and see how each organization treats this and how it all washes out in a few years.