New To Archery, But Eventually Want To Hunt.

Discussion in 'Intro to Bowhunting & Archery' started by Black Shot, Mar 26, 2013.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I swear to god video game should be clinically diagnosed as an addiction. I quit playing for about a year now. There is not a day that goes by where I do not crave it. Makes my mouth water.

2. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saddest post I've ever read.

3. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have used plenty of 38"bows to hunt with and never onced cussed it because it was too long. Hell, thats a short bow compared to a traditional bow.:what:

sent from my samsung note 2

4. Black Shot

Black Shot Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To All,

You know, it's funny. The more I keep reading about different bows, despite the issues still pending (exact DL and going and shooting/testing a bunch) I keep coming back to Matthew's and specifically the MR7. Though I will most likely have a 30"+ DL, and a longer ATA (MR7 is 33") makes for a more comfortable feel, Matthew's bows just seem to be of the best quality (all around), which can make a very big difference despite the short length. I have also read that the 2013 Bear lineup is not to be under-estimated (I like the Motive 7/Anarchy). Another bow which peaked my interest, mainly for its highly customizble DW and reasonable price tag is the the Mission Voyager XT (70-50), which is apparently a Matthew's sub-line. Taking a quick tour of archerytalk.com, so many people are repping the Athens line very hard, particularly the Accomplise at 34" ATA and the Afflixion... what's up with those?

I know there is no substitute for shooting a desired bow/s, but I still like experienced opinions. Anyone know anything about these bows in specific? I'm kinda a Ho for the info :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013