New guy in the woods

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by John T., Jun 18, 2019.

1. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    One of my grandsons called my wife and asked if I would take him fishing. OK, supposed to rain today so we went to the gun club. I took two .22s and loads of ammo. We spent some time on the range and then went to the clubhouse which has an indoor archery range. A couple of years ago, I measured and it is up to about 22 yards from the targets. Anyway, I took my Darton bow and had scored a nice Genesis outfit a while back. I taught him and his older brother to shoot but they got out of the habit. Anyway...he did good shooting the Geneses after laying off for who-knows-how-long. We shot at about 8 yards to get him used to shooting. He remembered a lot; only had to move his elbow down in line with the arrow. When we went to lunch, he asked how big a bow he would need to deer hunt. Next, he remarked that he had enough money to buy a bow. Looks like I have some company in the ground blind.

BowhuntOnly, Oldcarp, Justin and 5 others like this.
  2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I taught both the kids( son & daughter) to shoot and bow hunt. Husband doesn't like archery. I took their classes with them for license. Then helped them recover their first bow deer. Great memories I hope to have with the grandsons someday.

3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Very cool! It's gear to see and hear about youth getting into bowhunting. Nice job. :tu:

4. Oldcarp

Oldcarp Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My Oldest boy has 4 daughters they all like fishing. He loves to Bow hunt. This last year he was over seas and his oldest Daughter that is 10 years old wanted to shoot a bow. So we got her a youth model bow and me and her did a winter league together. It was a lot of fun shooting with her. So this next year she wants to bow hunt with her Daddy and her Papa (that's me). I am very excited for that.

Fix and axtell343 like this.
  5. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome! Always great to have a hunting buddy!