My Gun Control plan

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hatfield Hunter, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Hatfield Hunter

Hatfield Hunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone found guilty of committing murder with a firearm will face automatic life sentence or death based on states laws, no chance of parole PERIOD ! Anyone found guilty of using a firearm in any crinme will receive automatic 25 year sentence with no parole PERIOD !! This will save legal law abiding gun owners any problems or trouble ! if you like tell your Congressperson or Senator Now

sheddinva likes this.
  2. sheddinva

sheddinva Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wish it was that simple

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What if some weird guy comes onto your property and you brandish your firearm in attempts to challenge the perceived threat, and then are charged and convicted of brandishing a firearm by some judge who didnt think like you do in terms of your rights on your property? Should you serve 25 yrs in prison for that crap? I think not. I could think of a thousand different issues with serving 25 yrs for any firearm related crime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Artem256, Lester and cantexian like this.
  4. 87TT

87TT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You could go to jail for defending yourself real easy with that mindset. Also, if they did that, they would run out of room and have to let all the thieves and rapists out not to mention the murderers who did use a gun.

5. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Lol, it's all already illegal. 99% of the mass murderers don't give a rat's patukey about a death sentence or a life sentence because they are suicidal anyway.

Artem256 and virginiashadow like this.
  6. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Castle doctrine, DAs along with judges not enforcing to the same standard, early prison release, and disparities in other laws / ordinances are addressed how?

The 2 frustrating questions/test I retorically ask:
    1) if this were the law, it would have stopped any crime(s)?
    2) Am I certain this has no negative impacts on legal owners rights?

Okiebob likes this.
  7. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you're looking for laws to deter people from committing gun violence, I think you could do that pretty easily. If convicted of gun violence, you lose a hand in addition to whatever the prison sentence is. Now that's not going to deter someone looking to suicide themselves, for that, there's just absolutely no possible deterrence. That's why allowing law abiding citizens the right to carry and protect themselves is more important than ever.

8. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Kill a person with any weapon and you get the following- living quarters with central heat & air, three meals a day by a registered dietician, free laundry, free medical and dental care, library, fitness room, and color TV. BTW, this was posted once by a senior citizen who said this way the government takes care of you for a change.
    Our retired sheriff says the countries as Australia and Great Britain who had vast gun bans are now trying to figure out why the crime rate has increased. Duh!