Let's talk stabilizers

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by wl704, Mar 22, 2020.

1. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've been using a cheap limbsaver but am ready to make some changes. I like the navcom vibration ability, but as I shoot further distances am realizing id like an (adjustable) side to counter my sight and quiver for field/target And hunting.

I've looked at the bee stinger hunter xtreme kits (10.8 or 8.6).

What have you used or are using, and most importantly, why? What features are you liking or if there are others you've previously tried, features missing or reasons you didn't like?

2. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Mines a limbsaver. When I fist bought my Mission Venture they said it really didn't need a stablizer. I did actually use it for 2 seasons without one . Did have some effect when I put the limbsaver on. I can't say I actually heard or felt much though. I chose a short one. Where if I had real issues a longer at least 10 inch one would be best.

3. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I was where you were a couple years ago. I bought the sport hunter extreme 10 inch and tried it for a year. While it did help me some at 50 yards and beyond for target and summer fun shooting, I decided to go back to my favorite. The limbsaver Scoil. I’m sure a lot has to do with the bow and the type of shooting, but I realized the added weight and wind resistance wasn’t worth it for me and my style. I keep my hunting shots 30 or less and inside of 40, I didn’t notice any difference in my accuracy. I might be an oddball, but I love the Scoils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aboogie973 and carbon-arch like this.
  4. Mitalbara

Mitalbara Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. Mod-it

Mod-it Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I currently have a B-stinger 8" Hunter. I really like being able to add weight to the end of it. My Carbon Knight is a very light 3.2 lbs. It had quite a bit of jump in the hand on the shot with the generic stabilizer it came with. There was a noticeable difference when I put the B-stinger on, jumping in the hand was improved as well as pin float once I had all three weights added to the end.

My BIL is using a B-stinger setup with the knuckle and rear counter stabilizer. He has bigger weights added on the rear facing stab to get it to balance better. I've shot his bow before he got the rear counter weight setup and after, and must say I really like how much better his bow balances at full draw with the counter weight added. He said it made his pin float less and slower. Hard for me to fully judge since his draw length is a 1/2" shorter than mine.

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Try as many as you can. Each one can act differently.

The last bow I bought I tried every one I had. I have about 15 different stabilizers from Simms S-Coil, Doinker, B-Stinger, NAP, several KTech (my favorites) and others. One company even send me 3 different ones to try.

Some made zero difference. Some made the bow louder and produced vibration. I settled on a KTech 6" Hunter (B-Stinger style).

Funny thing is the KTech 8" Hunter gave the bow a definite, solid thud (felt in the hand and heard) at the shot. Way more hand shock and noise than the bare bow.

7. BuckHunterUnlimited

BuckHunterUnlimited Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bee Stinger Pro Hunter Maxx Stabilizer 10”. I like it a lot. I am shooting the PSE Response and it sits it down in my hand real nice. Right in a pocket that allows me to feel like the light bow is not something I have to hold on to, so it keeps me from creating pressure on my grip. You can play with the weights. I added a straight quick release. Thought about a 10 degree adjustable, but it works just fine as it is.

Sent from my iPad using Bowhunting.com Forums

8. huntography

huntography Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Quivalizer. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

trial153 likes this.
  9. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a Bee Stinger 15" Sport Slider on the Bowtech and a 10" Bee Stinger Maxx on the Elite Ritual 33 .... because of the angle of the riser near the stab hole and the Elite wrist sling, the slider wont fit on the Elite ... I shoot fine with the Maxx however on it .. I did want to try the Slider though ..

10. Ty L

Ty L Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use the 8" Bee Stinger and I am very happy with it. I was told if you want to shoot longer distances the minimum you should have is a 10" but I don't seem to have an issue with mine, I practice at 60 yards. I also hunt mostly out of a stand and don't want a longer stabilizer to get caught up on anything.

11. Bowhunterlink

Bowhunterlink Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I use a bee stinger on my Mathews Vertix. I’m really debating whether to add a back stabilizer to my set up. With the spot hogg sight being so heavy I think it’s needed

12. NC Archer

NC Archer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'm currently running the bee stinger hunter set up (8 in. up front; 2 ounces weight) and (6 in. out back with 5 ounces) on a Hoyt Powermax. I hunt with the quiver on and a MBG vedict sight with a 6 in. dovetail making right side tilt. With the 5 ounces out the back and a 45 degree offset, bow balances perfectly and is dead in hand after shot. It took some time to get the weight distribution right but when it all came together pure bliss shooting a perfectly balanced bow.

13. 0317

0317 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I use a 10" Bee Stinger MAXX with 4oz up front on the Ritual 33 and a Bee Stinger Sport Slider on the Bowtech Allegiance (back up bow) ... Ive wanted to try a back bar on the Ritual, but am afraid of it getting knocked out of whack walking in, hauling it up the tree, etc. hunting is rough at times ...

14. swohbowhunter

swohbowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    The trophy ridge stabilizers are awesome. You can move weight and use the bracket to mount a back bar for added stability. I have no doubt they’re top notch and are on my bow right now!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums