Late season Panic mode?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by Dan Boedigheimer, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Dan Boedigheimer

Dan Boedigheimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    With two weeks of season left and an unpunched tag I am starting to enter panic mode. I have hunted hard for months and not had a good shot at a target buck or any 4 year old for that matter. My question is....do you absolutely NEED to have a tremendous food source to see a mature buck during legal shooting hours? I am seeing good sign and cameras show some young deer daylight movement right at dark, but big buck sightings have dropped off to basically nothing. Is it worth it to continue to sit out in single digit temperatures? I love sitting in a tree but at some point I question my sanity. I have tried to sneak as close to bedding areas as possible hoping to catch one on its feet but still no luck.

2. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you don't have food get close to bedding. It's gonna be tough though this time of year.

3. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go for broke.
    Find a way into bedding area and do morning hunts.
    Late season can be tough.

Longdraw likes this.
  4. Dan Boedigheimer

Dan Boedigheimer Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, I decided to 'buck' up and get my butt in a tree. I still have a little gas in the tank. I am going to hunt hard til the end of the month. Off season is too long not to hunt as much as possible.