Knock Off Mechanicals

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Hunter Bob, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I will need to purchase some new broadheads before this season and wanted to get an opinion on some of the knock off brands that look exactly like the rage broadheads. Has anyone used these and if so, would you recommend them? I am always looking to save some money and they are less than half the price of the Rage...

2. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No they are crap. Buck up and buy genuine.

Rangerdan likes this.
  3. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    If you feel good about committing a crime and putting American jobs at danger, go for it. If you enjoy supporting the American economy, and those who work to develop, build, market and sell these products then please buy the real thing.

Anyone who knowingly buys this counterfeit garbage and doesn't feel bad about doing so should be sac punched.

4. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You can google it and find comparison videos of then. How much worse then originals can they be.......

5. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Go cheap on something else if you want to save money. The whole goal is to get that broad head into the deer with zero malfunction. Why go cheap on the main component?

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

cantexian likes this.
  6. Hunter Bob

Hunter Bob Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wow,
    Didn't realize this would be such a touchy subject, but I get it. Looks like buying the real thing seems to be worth it. Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate the help.

Tribeck, Shocker99 and Sota like this.
  7. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    "if the quality was the same, the price would be the same" ... That's what I've always been told.

8. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    There have been several reviews and comparisons and none have found them to be inferior to the real thing. The real ones aren't made in America anyway.

9. NebMo Hunter

NebMo Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Justin goes straight to sac punching.. yikes!
    There are certain things that ill gamble on to save costs, broadheads, specifically mech heads is not one of them.

SharpEyeSam likes this.
  10. pdun24

pdun24 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My question is this: how do you tell the real ones from the fake? I see broad heads on Amazon for $10 cheaper than in stores for the 3 pack. I don't really know how to tell if it is a real product or a fake one from the information given.

Here is a Link to the amazon ad for the NAP Spitfire Double-cross.

11. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

JZ's best post EVER

SharpEyeSam and TheHardWoods913 like this.
  12. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its not just Rage heads being stolen. Other top broadhead brands are also being ripped off by overseas thieves and it doesn’t stop at broadheads or even hunting gear. Overseas thieves are willingly stealing from American and Americans.

So long as there are Americans willing to buy stolen goods from thieves, the Chinese will continue to steal from America. The despicable Americans that would knowingly buy stolen goods from thieves are as bad as the thieves themselves. Its no different than knowing a guy that steals trail cams and tree stands from other hunters that sells the stolen goods online and you buying those stolen goods (that you know to be stolen). You are as low as the thief himself if you buy the stuff. If American consumers were truly American and truly patriotic they would not be willing accomplices and party to this theft by buying stolen goods from thieves.

On the flip side, some (but not all) of the broadhead makers went to China to reduce costs but even companies that never went to chine are being ripped off. Going overseas for a portion of your manufacturing does not give overseas companies justification or rights to steal from American companies. This order makes certain of that.

Sadly, this will do no good so long as there are despicable people willing to buy these stolen goods. This stops when the market dries up and people stop buying stolen goods but Ebay is full of Chinese ripoffs and the customs agents wont be able to catch enough to make a dent in this meaning it will continue. 100% of this stops the minute people do the right thing and stop buying stolen goods and that’s the only way this ends.

If you are the buyer and knowingly seek out and buy stolen goods, you are to blame. This rests on your head.

In addition, those scum bags that buy the Chinese knockoffs are not helping fund wildlife because the China heads sold don’t pay the 11% tax to the Pittman–Robertson Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration Act.

wildernessninja and SharpEyeSam like this.
  13. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    After reading Innovative's post maybe I will buy some actually.

the g1 likes this.
  14. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Usually you can tell by the product name & description. They're typically loaded with keywords of several broadheads to rank better in searches and don't sound right. Also check the seller's profile and information. The link you posted is legit - they're being sold by Bowhunter's Supply Store out of GA. They're selling a bunch of other archery/hunting product on Amazon and it all looks good.

If the price is dirt cheap then that's also a red flag.

Here's a company selling counterfeit Rage broadheads. 12 for $25.00 https://www.amazon.com/MoKasi-Arche...qid=1498567810&sr=1-6&keywords=rage+broadhead

rustednuts and pdun24 like this.
  15. pdun24

pdun24 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Justin. I'm pretty new to this so I really appreciate the help!

Tribeck likes this.
  16. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Since FereDyne just recently won its case with the trade commission, if those MoKasi heads are illegal knockoffs, how are they still for sale on Amazon?

Buy from your local shops or before long you may not have a local shop to buy from.

Tribeck likes this.
  17. Shocker99

Shocker99 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just took my bows in to get restrung and ordered a new sight for my e32. I could have gotten it $30 cheaper elsewhere but I support my local bow shop and realize they have overhead unlike these e-commerce outfits. I'm treated like gold when I walk in there and I'm just an average joe. That's all worth it to me. Others should follow suit. There are other ways to save a buck. Support local business!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

Tribeck likes this.
  18. Innovative Outdoorsman

Innovative Outdoorsman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So long as there are POS people that will buy stolen goods from thieves, they will be made available. Drugs make it through so broadheads will too. The anti-American scum that buys this stolen stuff from China should be penalized.

19. Robson

Robson Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  20. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The only way to know for sure is to buy from an authorized dealer.

SharpEyeSam likes this.