JX3 Hybrid...Couple questions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by WildernessPhantom, Jan 16, 2020.

1. WildernessPhantom

WildernessPhantom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hello all,

I am really wanting to give saddle hunting a go in 2020. I am mostly worried about comfort being I typically sit for a minimum of 5 hours most of the time. I came across the hybrid which looks very comfy. I am just a little concerned with actually taking the shots. Can you stand and shoot with a platform? How is overall arm and bow space compared to other saddles? Basically I am looking for comfort but am not really willing to sacrifice my shooting ability for it. I’m just looking for some folks that have not just sat in them but shot deer out of one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks and God bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cantexian

cantexian Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I find it easier to maneuver my body into shooting position from a saddle than in a traditional tree stand. The learning curve with a saddle is harder, but, once comfortable, I much prefer it a tree stand. I have sat all day in a saddle and been more comfortable than any treestand. Check out these other threads on the forum most of your questions will probably already be covered extensively.

https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/tree-saddle-hunting.62634/

https://forums.bowhunting.com/threads/saddle-feedback.97164/

3. WildernessPhantom

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. All good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. fadlirya

fadlirya Newb

Dislikes Received:
    +1
    [​IMG]

5. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I hunted from the hybrid exclusively this year. I do not use a platform so I do not know about standing on one. In my opinion you do not need a platform just the top of your stick and two steps. You can walk completely around the tree and the offside shot is easy if you practice before going in the woods. If you have any other questions let me know. I love my hybrid. It’s a game changer
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pohl-cat likes this.
  6. WildernessPhantom

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. The ability to "walk" around the tree for weak side shots and the ability to put the tree between you and the deer are what I think I like the most. It seems like its the best ambush style of hunting. Hide behind the tree and lean out when the shot is available. Or made available. I am not one that has to walk a couple miles to my spots so the weight of a stand is a non factor for me. I am basically trying to figure out if I could sit as still as I do in a stand. The hybrid looks like the most comfortable way of hunting for sure. They are backed up in production, but I called and am on a list so if I decide to buy one, I will have plenty of time for practice. Beautiful buck, congratulations on the success.