I just love this view

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, May 21, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    This is out the TV room looking over our back wood lot. Once the trail plot matures and I fix a cut in the koi pond water hole. The animals follow that plot up the center then across our place to the farmers field so we get a show as well.

IMG_20190521_172651_hdr.jpg

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Is that the deck railing in the foreground? Put a burlap camo cover up next season. Knew a fellow in NC who sat in the hay loft of a barn overlooking an apple orchard. Sat in a rocking chair. Bingo! Venison in the freezer. Nice view. Nice to have a view like that.

3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    No that's the window frame. The view is prettier than the pic from my tablet.
    Lol, several years ago on a frigid snowy day the hubby and I look out to see an absolute slob 12 pt. buck walking the trail plot. I ranged him at 112 yrds and the hubby wouldn't let me take him with the 243. I hunted him until I shot an 9 pt. that season. No hunting from the house. Sssshhhh he doesn't know about the doe I took when I had torn my meniscus and was waiting for surgery. Apparently the meat didn't taste any different. Hey, we no longer eat beef, haven't for 20 years. She fed us well. Though it really wasn't hunting, even though I do hunt from blinds. It's more fun to get a bit uncomfortable and choose a spot based on scouting and woodsmanship. I do keep my cannon near by for some great picture shooting.