How would you hunt this

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Katt72, Oct 18, 2019.

1. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    This property in the white square, is private property about to be logged. The area N. of this location is the only public land. The red circled area, is a proposed public land area I may choose to hunt instead. I can't setup a set and leave, nor can I setup a feed station. Some areas in red, I've scouted/hunted in the past(red dot NE corner). Should i hunt close to the property line during the logging? Setup in a tree in the open area with a feeder close on the private area? Setup around the red dot or find a new spot? What would you consider an ideal hunt scenario for this? upload_2019-10-18_10-44-45.png Annotation 2019-10-18 105833.png

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  2. Vabowman

Vabowman Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would start at looking for food source..then maybe look at those creek slashes in there.. should give you an idea of how they travel.

Katt72 likes this.
  3. Anthony2991

Anthony2991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go mobile, and get a climber or a set of sticks and aluminum stand. Scout saturday mid morning then set up and evening hunt it. Leave it there overnight and plan to hunt the whole sunday.

Vabowman and Katt72 like this.
  4. Anthony2991

Dislikes Received:
    I know you say you can't setup a set and leave but if you walk far enough it'll be safe for one night.

Katt72 likes this.
  5. Katt72

Katt72 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ant, I have a couple of hangons with sticks. The problem is while i might be huting, there could be logging activity happening. My concern is the logging affecting the deer normal activity on my property.

6. Anthony2991

Dislikes Received:
    I think it will affect the normal activity on your property because they are losing their cover. But I think they will just fall back into the public land. So taking advantage of this might work out well in your favor.

Katt72 and Vabowman like this.