Heartbreakers - Team 5

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by ATbuckhunter, Aug 26, 2012.

1. ATbuckhunter

ATbuckhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys i really appreciated it

2. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck pro! Are you having troubles with uploading pictures on the site?

3. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ok officially got it entered on scorecard page. I had a perfect wind for the trail I was hunting but the deer had different ideas. He was following 2 does on a trail & the does winded me & took off. The buck kept goin & when he winded me he just stopped & looked around. At this time he was @ about 60 yards. I grunted @ him until he saw my buck decoy & looked like he was on a string. I gave him a (mepp) to stop him in my shooting lane @ 16 yards broadside. A well placed arrow in his boiler room & he ran about 70 yards & dropped like a tone of bricks. The blood trail was amazing! image.jpg image.jpg

4. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the buck! Hes got a nice set of antlers and a good cape. What did he score?

5. huntalot

huntalot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing here, gun hunting now, will be back after them after muzzleloader season.

6. Pro V1

Dislikes Received:
    Gonna be out for an all dayer tomorrow. Cold front moving in so should be good.

7. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I will be out on sunday with my rifle and i might bring the bow again like last weekend. Last Sunday the deer were in the lockdown phase pretty hard and i only saw 2 doe all day long (way less then my normal 6-40)

8. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im going out tomorrow with the rifle. Should be a good day since it should be snowing in the pm all though now there saying wind all day. I cracking out all the lucky charms i can because i feel that i'm going to see a good buck tomorrow.

9. Pro V1

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck AT. I will be out as well. Keep us posted.

10. Pro V1

Dislikes Received:
    I think our page got "spammed" fellas.

11. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We got spanned pretty hard. Well i got out all day today and saw diddly! The first day this year that i didn't see anything. I'm going to go up one last day and ill be done for the year.

12. dman4505

dman4505 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the lack of posts here, between work and school haven't gotten out as much as I would have liked.
    Archery season closes down here in a couple weeks for the two shotgun seasons then reopens on December 17th
    My fall semester at school will be done and I can get out a little more. Hope to add to the team total during late season

Don

13. wv_whitetailhunter

wv_whitetailhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well my season is pretty much over. Our gun season came in last week and 2 out of my 5 target bucks went down, one by me and the other by my uncle. The one my uncle shot was the biggest one I had on camera and scored roughly 110" at 3 1/2 years old which makes it the biggest buck killed on my grandpa's land. Which I know isn't much but when your neighbors motto is "if it's brown it's down" not many bucks make it past 2 1/2. I'm not sure where the other 3 bucks are but I haven't seen them on camera in almost 2 months. Our bow season ends December 31st, so if one of these bucks decides to show up I'll go after him as hard as I can. Good luck to everyone else.

Here's my 8-point I shot last week
    uploadfromtaptalk1353646902062.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1353646885577.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1353646854311.jpg

I didn't get a picture of my uncle with his buck, but here's a trail cam pic of him
    IMAG0049.jpg

14. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the deer WV! And good luck to dman.

15. Pro V1

Dislikes Received:
    Just a quick question fellas. So we can enter 1 buck & 1 doe in the contest is the way I understand it? I already have entered a buck but have another "any deer" tag. I would obviously shoot another buck but want to help the team as well. Think there's any chance Fitz would give 50 points for my second buck? I really don't want to shoot a doe just for the 50 points. 5 of my 6 shooters on my hitlist made it through the gun season so I'm hoping to arrow a bruiser!

16. wv_whitetailhunter

wv_whitetailhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not sure if Fitz would allow it but I definitely wouldn't judge you if you decided to use your tag on another buck. The way I see it, I wouldn't change the way I hunt for a contest. I've had several shot opportunities on small bucks that I considered shooting just to get us some points but I would've regretted it. In the end it all comes down to what YOU want to do. I know if I was in your situation and already had meat in the freezer I would be hunting for a big buck until the last couple of days or so then take a doe if neccessary. Whatever you decide, good luck!

17. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I think he said that he will not allow it this year and maybe he will next year. I would say arrow those bucks since we are pretty far from even winning 3rd place so i dont think it matters too much. Good luck with your hitlist bucks!

18. Pro V1

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks fellas. My wife & kids will be out of town this weekend so I will be spending most of my time in the woods!

19. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck and keep us updated.

20. ATbuckhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be going up tomorrow with my rifle to try for a biggen. This is probably going to be my last hunt of the season so im hoping for the best. Im also thinking about taking my bow since its going to be 54 tomorrow which would be a nice little bonus.