Halon 32 and New Bow Questions

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Jrob140, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Jrob140

Jrob140 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm really really wanting a new bow. I have shot a variety of bows from nearly all the top brands and what feels the best to me is the halon 32. Right now I shoot a Bear "Encounter" which was my first bow and is relatively short. I've been told that switching to a longer bow will make me more accurate, as of right now no matter how much I try to perfect my form or readjust my sight I seem to always shoot just a hair to the left. Anyways, I wondered if there was anyone out there that has a Halon 32 that has something I should keep in mind before buying or something about it they don't like. Also I saw someone say they were waiting on the Triax 32 but I said the same thing to the bowtech at the place I shot these bows and he said he didn't think they'd make one because the Halon and triax have the same cam systems so a Triax 32 would just be a Halon 32 with a different name. Thanks again for all of your help and opinions in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

w33kender likes this.
  2. TN TJ

TN TJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A bow that is longer is A little more forgiving than a short bow . When you tried the new bows did any of those have the iq sight on them that helps you keep the sight picture centered? Always a touch left or right sounds like a sight that's not centered to me , but I am no pro either .

Jrob140 likes this.
  3. TN TJ

TN TJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Lots of the guys on here are really good with suggestions for getting you hitting the x . As for the bow go back and shoot your top 3 favorite ones. If you can shoot them back to back to compare it helps . Get the one that feels right to you , then get it dialed in and enjoy your new bow .

Jrob140 likes this.
  4. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The secret to accuracy is repeatability and consistency. Obvious statement. I would recommend shooting the Triax before you buy the H32 to see how it feels. The Triax is shorter but that doesn't mean it less accurate. The riser design was changed a lot between the too. In the end it depends on which one "feels" right. This helps in making sure you can duplicate the shot the same each time.

In regards to accuracy ; a longer A2A and brace height is supposed to help with accuracy. From the logistics of both it makes sense. But none of that matters if you cant do the same thing every time. That were the feel is important to the user. I have had both the H32 and the Triax. I like the Triax better and think it holds on target better for me. My draw length is 27" so the shorter A2A is not an issue for me.

If you are shooting to the left consistently then you are probably dropping your arm if you are right handed. Focus on keeping the pin on the target till the arrow hits. Also your center shot could be slightly off. Check that. Good luck.

Jrob140 likes this.
  5. grommel

grommel Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I own the Halon 32. Absolutely love it. Great feel in my bow hand. Smooth draw cycle, deadly quiet! Like Copperhead, I have a short draw, 27.5, love the short A to A length!! Just my opinion, but it is the best shooting bow I have ever shot!! Good luck to you!

6. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Halon 32 and Triax do not have the same cam system. They also have different riser geometry. The Traix is not a shorter Halon 32.

Shoot what feels best to YOU. Don't listen to those that think they know what you want.

You shooting left is a you issue. If you keep moving your sight left and still hit left it is you. Draw length to long - peeking at the arrow flight - bow doesn't fit you - - lots to look at.

w33kender likes this.
  7. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Actually yes they do - they both use the Crosscentric cam system. Hold them side by side and the cams are identical.

And you're correct, the Triax is not just a shorter Halon. The riser geometry is different and the addition of the EHS made a huge difference in the way the bow balances and feels on the shot.

Agree with this - most likely the issue is in something you're doing on the shot and not your equipment. You may want to have someone at your local shop watch you shoot and give some pointers if you're doing something wrong.

To your original question, I love both my Halon 32 and my Triax. At times I enjoy the longer axle-to-axle and string angle of the 32, but if I had to pick one for all of my duties I would go Triax. IMO it's a great combination of compact size, speed, balance and is without a doubt the quietest bow I've shot to date.

Jrob140 and w33kender like this.