G2 buck

Discussion in 'Shed Hunting' started by cocowheats, Mar 22, 2017.

1. cocowheats

cocowheats Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So the g2 buck was shot quite a few years ago. My buddy has a set off him and his rack is hung in a tiny shack way back in the woods that's never locked. We stop in every year to sign their journal and read their stories from the fall. Well today me and bone dog are way the heck back and waking a trail out. There is plenty of snow and all sudden bone dog gets boney by a big down tree. He starts digging like mad and I walk over to see the fuss. Bone dog has a shed under the log frozen very deep. I have a screw driver with lol and try digging for twenty minutes with no luck. I call my bone head friend and he has a hammer with lol. We meet up and walk back
    I start hammering the screw driver in and eventually work it free. Pull it out and bone head says omg it's the g2 buck. This was probably his two year old rack. Beautiful shape and what a great g2.
    IMG_0531.JPG
    IMG_0535.JPG
    IMG_0534.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    And a 24 inch looper I caught that morning

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

2. bbslayr

bbslayr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  3. BikiBoki

BikiBoki Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Amazing find....and that is some bone dog you've got there.

4. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    Thank u. He is the most amazing bone dog u could imagine. He found his first one at 12 weeks. His first year 14. Second year 12. Third year 36. This year so far 11. Its incredible what he can find. If u don't have a bone dog I highly recommend it. It was a year of up early and always training. But now how it has payed off. He finds the biggest sheds I have year after year.

5. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. bbslayr

bbslayr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  7. cocowheats

Dislikes Received:
    I trained him myself. First time ever. I worked my butt off. I work swing shifts and after nite shifts would be out training him in the morning. It was lots of work but so rewarding. I remember one day when he was a pup and had been doing just fantastic and all sudden this day he refused to pick up the antler. He would find it and sniff and walk away. He did this for half an hour before I gave up. I was furious. Next day he was back to normal. Now today give him an antler or leave one around and he don't care. Find one in the woods and he goes nuts for it.
    I worked so hard with him and it's so rewarding when he finds one. His first year I had 24 to his 14. His second year he pulled 12 to my 36. That was disappointing. Then last year he blew me away. He grabbed 36 to my 14. This year he is up 11 to 6.

8. bbslayr

bbslayr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I worked with my lab when he was a pup and was able to find them and retrieve them, my biggest problem is i didnt have private ground and all the public ground i walk is also walked by scum bag people who break beer bottles and leave garbage everywhere. I decided that id never let him get hurt or cut over an antler so his training only went so far. Never made his first real find with out me planting an antler and he just turned 9.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Bowhunting.com Forums mobile app