Florida Hog Down!!!!!

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Shawn Clark, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Made my 2nd trip to Florida for a hog and I'm 2 for 2. This one had a little problem though. I got to my stand and looked in my crossbow scope and the back lens was missing. When the guide came back, thankfully he brought a rifle with him. Only problem is I have never hunted with a rifle and hadn't gun hunted in 15 years. I shoot guns often just don't hunt with them anymore. So this time my guide gets in stand with me and when some hogs finally came through he picked out a nice trophy hog and I let him have it. Perfect shot placement. He dropped about 25 yards after the shot. It was even a moving hog and I still laid the smack down on him. Was really hoping for the crossbow kill but still had a great time. That was my first rifle kill ever so I can check that one off. I have kills with a shotgun, rifle, compound, and crossbow. IMG_20180305_154346_215.jpg 20180305_093541.jpg 20180305_120459.jpg 20180305_092232.jpg

2. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Shawn. Fine looking hog there.

3. JGD

JGD Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a dandy. Congrats.

4. drslyr

drslyr Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great hog Shawn. I'm heading down to FL. on wed. 3/21 for a vac. with a hog hunt and a fishin trip too. Iv'e hunted hogs all over FL. with some great guides and some terrible guides. I always go the end of march to get away from these long northern winters. Iv'e always hunted with the bow for hogs...... Filming too...... Look for the upcoming videos here.

5. Shawn Clark

Shawn Clark Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds cool. I'm looking to do a gator/hog combo next year. Haven't filmed any yet but I'm 2 for 2 so far. Good luck and looking forward to the videos.