Finally...

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by oldnotdead, Jun 24, 2019.

1. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to get some work done, 2 days no rain. Mowed 2 clover plots sprayed 4 areas. Cut a bunch of trees. Got some gardening done.

2. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Come over to my house. I'll find plenty to keep you busy.:rock:

3. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    delete

slickbilly-d likes this.
  4. bucksnbears

bucksnbears Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You " the man" :rock:

5. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Well I got a bunch more trees cut,some left as cover others limbed and cut to short log length. In for lunch then going out to spray and till another section of plot. Gosh darn! missing the disc but my fault. The first test section of a clover chicory plot has sprouted. It was a test because I've never planted clover this late before. I will finish lunch and go spray. May not get all plots done this year(a first) but I'll have most important ones done and several other list projects finished.

6. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Stick a fork in me I'm done. One more big beech down and sectioned. They stayed pretty much where tbey laid. Too big for me to move ,very hard to even roll. The last section of plot sprayed. Everything put away, vacuumed,made rice for stir fry tonight and in a hot tub soaking away aches and funk..lol vodka and grapefruit over ice. Aahhhh
    Rain for next 4 or 5 days starts in morning.
    First pic is section I planted second shows part of trail plot I just sprayd. I added a lot of tops to the entire length of that brush pile fence bordering that trail plot. These pics are from turkey season.

IMG_20190416_142307.jpg IMG_20190416_142300.jpg IMG_20190416_142300.jpg

Last edited: Jul 1, 2019
  7. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Another day of cutting. I have a very special center property area that is great hunting. It's several long trail plots that connect to small hub plot then dead ends to the big red oak area and another small plot. I have several blinds ( open brush ) a couple of ladder and built stands around and in that area. This even though it has a bedding spot there. Today I took down a 16 ft ladder stand and cut the tree it was in plus 5 more trees to open up the sun to a few of the plots. These have been killed off and I'll plant fall plots. The ladder I left down to wire brush and paint before resetting it.
    I'm running out of time here. I can do all this now because we don't have summer buck. Though last night I glassed a couple of young ones with big doe in the farm field next door. Plus these were big trees, limbing took a bunch of time and now I need to haul the brush to brush blinds. A few logs are just too big for me to cut. Too much equipment failure this year is hurting. No disc, now the Gator is having an issue. Having to hand till some rather long trail plots is going to take time and the buck start showing up mid Aug..

8. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Today was a watering and fertilizing the garden. Man hot and so much weeding that had to be done around each plant. I couldnt spray due to rain called for, never came . Though I did get one trail plot section hand tilled. Hubby fixed the disc while I was tilling, son stopped by just in time to help.. Yay!!! Then the bucket blew a hydraulic hose..lol almost!
    Well son showed up with a truck load of play ground liner. 2' x 3' x 2" heavy rubber mat sections from a rehab. He wanted to drop off all 50. I held him off to just 10, they will make great ground blind pads. Keep our feet warm and off the cold ground. He left with a gallon jug of picked dilly beans, great trade there..Oh and as many blueberries as he could pick and gobble as I limped over from the trail I was tilling.

9. oldnotdead

Dislikes Received:
    Rain held off so I got the diced plots dragged and half seeded. The deer fly found and swarmed me so I'm in for a break. Clovers and chicory. To be over seeded in turnip then grain.