Does Scentlok Work

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by JamesAlbano, Aug 2, 2010.

1. racewayking

racewayking Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

Dude, I have some scent lok clothing as I have stated more than once. Bought it off the sales racks when it was 50-80% off. I bought it back when I did because it was cheap, in a good pattern and fit me. I didn't buy it because I needed to fool a deers nose and didn't pay anything close to retail for it. When I wear it I have no faith in the ability for it to mask my scent, I use common sense and work the wind and thermals instead.

2. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Avanced in what way???

I'll take my Cabelas Super Slam Fleece Parka and Bibs over anything I have seen made by scentlok or scentblocker

3. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey headstrong, we can not win with these guys. its like mashing your head into a brick wall when talking to them. they think no scent suit is any good even if its worn just as a regular suit. WTF!!!!

4. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
  5. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Man...you are clueless....you go ahead and explain even ONE thing better about that product than this one (mine is water proof too not water resistant)...guess what...if that one was better...I would have bought it...iv'e seen it in stores and wasn' t impressed

I got my parka on sale last year for $220....pretty much the same as the one in the link

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&hasJS=true

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  6. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Are you serious? How many times have I said I wear Scent Lok and even said I hold no value in it for masking my odor????

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rkloehn [​IMG]
    im finding it comical that no mater which direction i take towards these products you still hate them. basically if you were given a suit you would hate it just because.

Dude, I have some scent lok clothing as I have stated more than once. Bought it off the sales racks when it was 50-80% off. I bought it back when I did because it was cheap, in a good pattern and fit me. I didn't buy it because I needed to fool a deers nose and didn't pay anything close to retail for it. When I wear it I have no faith in the ability for it to mask my scent, I use common sense and work the wind and thermals instead.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  7. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  8. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    btw this is your hands down verdict

The word “eliminate” was key in the judge’s decision. He ruled that the word meant a complete removal.

i think your judge has a screw loose. it wasnt because the clothing didnt work it was because of the wording. lol

9. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    does yours have a removable liner for early season it does not say it does, but usually they do? the dream season suit is a whole season suit with layer ability. a parka? who where's a parka bow hunting, just more crap to get in your way.

headstrong, that suit you posted i bet would sound like a freight train coming through the woods. i bet its made of nylon. also its loaded with velcro which sucks to hunt with

10. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    You're killing me here. The clothing did not work as advertised and the product doesn't recharge in the dryer. People use it with a false sense of security and that was proven. The judge fairly ruled because the product fails to do what it claims to do.

11. rkloehn

rkloehn Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    After very little thought I'm going to appologiz2 for being a dumb azz and pushing this topic. We are all guys that have a love for whitetails and for something like this to tear people apart is dumb. This topic is a loose loose battle and probably should not even be talked about. There is no one product that is the best. So for cooter and race sorry for being a ****. I'm out of this thread. Good luck to all this season!!!!

12. Cooter/MN

Dislikes Received:
    Well...a lot of people do...ever heard Chuck Adams (name on the coat)? I don't know where the hell you hunt but i'm up in MN and ND. My assumption is that you don't hunt much in sub freezing temps if you think a Parka is stupid. The hood is removable on mine and really doesn't get in the way even with it attached...just hangs down the back. I have light camo for the warmer early season. Makes no sense to me to try to use the same outfit for the entire seaon when temps can range from 98 degrees (ND opener two years ago) all the way down to sub zero for the later season. The buck I am holding in my avatar was a Thanksgiving buck...the temp was 5 degrees that morning.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  13. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    race i just read he report. thats exactly what happened. its not an option. he thought the wording mislead people into buying the clothing. that eliminate means 100%. not that the clothes didnt work. you people want to go after the big bad clothing man. because you thought the suit was a magic suit. go take your liberal bs some place else. maybe you can make a couple bucks back by getting in the action of some blood sucking lawers in mn. good luck

14. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This post shows a lot of character and maturity.

15. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    This one.......not so much.

16. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Your not being dumb, it is called passion for what you believe in. I understand you like the product as do others, some of us feel different and wish to get our point across. In the end we all wear camo and try to kill deer, sometimes I just think too much credit goes to the technology and not to the circumstances;)

Hope you have a killer season and remember that you owe us a pic of that trophy wall;)

17. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    X2, I am a registered Republican and was called the L word:(

18. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. Calling me liberal is like calling Scent-Lok effective. lol.

19. headstrong

Dislikes Received:
    you know nothing about me but yet tell me how i have no character, after a statment like that. .look in the mirror fletch...

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  20. racewayking

Dislikes Received:
    Reread your comment below.

race i just read he report. thats exactly what happened. its not an option. he thought the wording mislead people into buying the clothing. that eliminate means 100%. not that the clothes didnt work. you people want to go after the big bad clothing man. because you thought the suit was a magic suit. go take your liberal bs some place else. maybe you can make a couple bucks back by getting in the action of some blood sucking lawers in mn. good luck

The clothing doesn't work, if it did it would mask human odor and there would be no lawsuit. Then you go off calling us Liberals and accusing us of teaming with blood sucking lawyers to make a couple of bucks??? That my friend is showing a lack of character.