cowboy skillet deer recipe

Discussion in 'Game Processing, Recipes & Cooking' started by kjstaudt86, Feb 7, 2017.

1. kjstaudt86

kjstaudt86 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Whats up guys,

Me being a single guy, I get to tinker with a lot of food by throwing some stuff together. Here lately I have been eating some deer meat with basic ingredients and the outcome is just delicious. The seasoning I just kinda eyeball but If I were to put measurements on there it would probably be similar to this.

What you will need:
    - 1lb ground up game meat of your choice
    - 2 bell peppers (yellow and green but any of it will do)
    - 3-4 gloves garlic diced
    - onion chopped (optional but i use onion powder)
    - canned corn
    - 1 large sweet potato diced up real fine.
    - 2 tbsp of paprika
    - 2 tbsp of pepper
    - 2-3 tsp of cayenne (i like it hot)
    - 2 tsp of cumin
    - 2 tsp of course salt
    - 1 cup of mozz. cheese

* brown the meat and add seasoning.... drain excess grease and set meat off to the side
    * taking the same skillet, add the diced garlic, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, corn and cook in skillet for about 5-7 min on medium-high until corn starts browning. ( I usually add the same spices that i put on the meat onto the vegetables for a little extra kick)
    * Stir in ground meat and cook on medium-low for about 5 min.
    *Put the 1 cup of mozzerella cheese on top of the food and set skillet in the oven for about 10 min. If you like more cheese definitely add to it.

(for the bell peppers, garlic, and sweet potatoes... I have a ninja blender that I throw everything into to dice up real fine)I have taken corn out of the recipe and added black beans.... or have taken sweet potatoes out and put in black beans and it still turns out delicious. If you like spice add some jalepenos to the mix.

Quick and easy within about 30 minutes you can have a nice meal. If you happen to try it, let me know how it turns out for you.

overactor likes this.
Tags: