Calling someone out

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by jrk_indle84, Mar 22, 2020.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So I have sort of a weird situation. Was out on farm I hunt yesterday walking around. Kept hearing other ppl over on neighbors. Didn't really think anything about it but while I was out messing around was talking to buddy who's family owns the ground I was hearing ppl on. He says there shouldn't be anyone there and whatever else. So eventually make it up to kind of a four corners where different properties meet. And see the ppl walking onto another property owned by different person. Make it back to truck and notice on the property that rent farm ground on there's a truck. Don't really think anything bout it because there's hunters from out of state that come several times through the year.

So whole time buddy keeps asking if found out who these ppl were. And I tell him it's probably the hunters the lease ground since saw their truck. We've had problems before so basically wouldn't put it past them to do whatever they kinda want.

Now weird part wake up this morning and buddy has sent me pictures of someone off fb posting about finding deer from last fall they shot and finally tracked down. Immediately I can tell from pics it's from his ground and not the ground leased for hunting. He says are you sure and I tell him I can walk him right to where they are on his ground. Should mention I have access to ground so I'm pretty familiar with it. Not to mention one of the other deadheads they have pics of I found the other day and left but snapped a pic myself.

This morning kinda looking around and find out these guys are apparently some kinda of "hunting crew" that have a videos and whole 9 yards of "hunting celeb" stuff. And they're currently doin some sort of giveaway for fans guessing score of buck.

Now just to make it clear, I don't really care about the deer and don't wanna make it sound like "oh they found it before me." And really don't have a dog in the fight because I don't own any of the ground. But like I said we've had problems before. Year or two ago they drove all over the fields we rent to farm, almost getting stuck and rutting up a wheat field. Then when confronted with it denied it to us and the land owner then blamed it on "musta been someone else." Which is bs, cause you could follow tracks, see where they drug deer, and where they threw bunch of logs under tires to get traction. (Actually wouldnt be surpised to find video on YouTube)

So guess, how much effort should really out into whole thing. They're trying to promote the stuff as persistent hunting pays off, but they're kinda leaving out the trespassing aspect. And wouldn't be surprised if they didn't walk all over farm I actually hunt too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

2. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wouldnt even hesitate. We here have witnessed the rise and fall of those types, why would this be any different? Cant respect a fence line then what can you expect them to respect. To me, that's just rule number #1.

cantexian and Sota like this.
  3. oldnotdead

oldnotdead Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just hate this....people have no idea how hard being a land owners is. " What's mine is mine and what's yours is mine" NO, NO it's not!

4. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd not only make sure the land owner(s) know, but also offer the suggestion you'd help post the perimeter of their plot.

Informing local CO or law enforcement, also may not be a bad idea.

oldnotdead and Okiebob like this.
  5. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Is it legal to pick up deadheads there with out a tag? If not send all info you have to game warden, should be easy to make a case and most likely will have to show were they found deer. Then that opens up the trespassing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea like said idk what to do. Friend that I was talking to about it is gonna look into it some tonight he says.

So idk kinda frustrating. Shoulda just straight up approached then yesterday when it was all goin down, but like said it's not really my ground.

7. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    You gotta get some kind of tag from dnr. I've actually got a buddy that a game warden. Thought bout asking him about it, but idk how much I can do with none of it being my personal ground.

dprsdhunter likes this.
  8. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    I'd find it hard to believe these guys don't know the boundaries. They've been here for several years and know what ground they lease.

9. elkguide

elkguide Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    So if they've been there before and know where the boundaries are...… pretty clear trespassing to me.

If you have permission to hunt there, I'd talk with the land owners to keep them in the loop and then go to your buddy that is a GW and see what can/should be done. If things go South, you could lose your permission to hunt if they close the land to all trespassing.

10. Okiebob

Okiebob Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Probably better that you didnt approach them. We all know what we'd like to do in those situations and how quickly things can escalate. Sounds like it's time to build up a little evidence to at least have on hand. I can tell you one thing, drive through one of my fields and leave it in that condition, I dare ya. They may have hunting rights but that doesnt mean you can rut up a field retrieving a deer. That's where I would start, if you prove they're stone faced liars the rest should fall right in place.

11. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Game violations won't matter with warden if you own the property or not. But with trespassers, you usually have to be the property owner. I would just pass all info to the warden and let him take care of it. Also send him the Facebook page. I would bet they bust more people thru Facebook then any other sources.

dnoodles likes this.
  12. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea I just talked to him and he basically stated the same. Would take property owner with proof. Which my statement would work but also these guys posted it all over FB so that works kinda done. So I passed it along. Can imagine they'd just play dumb tho and say they didn't know who's ground it was, theres really nothing posted so idk how that would work.

But feel like did my part as far as letting the right ppl know. As far as sending them something directly, after thinking about it most of day not sure what good it'd do. Feel like it would turn into a crap show and not get anywhere.

13. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea sad thing is that wasn't first time that it's been brought up on driving around when its wet. Land owner wasn't too thrilled when have him bill to fix ruts.

14. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Well just saw on these guys FB the videos coming. So as for now giving the benefit of the doubt and will see what they say and how the vidoe plays out.

Talked to friend and he said had a talk with his grandpa, who actually owns the ground, and didn't sound like said much about it. Wants him to go throw up some more no trespass signs. Buddy wanted me to go out with him but I gotta work tomorrow so see what happens. So as of now haven't done much about anything except biting my tongue and not making any smart ass comments on anything yet. Which is hard ha.

15. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    May be smart to hold off on comments until the game warden makes a case. At least the evidence is posted up for all to see. Once you enlighten them about what's going on, they may delete all the videos and post. But once they get charged, then post away! Haha

16. John T.

John T. Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A friend had permission to hunt a farm in the northern part of the county. Encountered some trespassers and turned them in to the sheriff's office. BTW, he had four ladder stands stolen off the same property. Trespassing and theft.

17. Holt

Holt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yes it becomes criminal trespass and they can be charged on site by warden. But I believe in most places for it to stick, it's up land owner to pursue the charges in court. If they dont, it gets dropped. I went thru this on a property I hunted a few years ago.

18. Sota

Sota Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    It sure seems like most of the wanna be TV or internet famous really have no regard for property lines etc. What ever it takes to get the footage. Is there anything more pathetic than a guy with a camera who wants to be an "influencer"?

justinwmoe88 likes this.
  19. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea they're not too smart apparently. They're basically documenting the whole thing. So loke said will be interesting to see what the video is like. They've also went through the DNR and gotten tags for the 2 heads taken off buddies property. I'm not sure what is included in all that but if they stated to the warden it was taken off of ground they lease, then that's pretty decent evidence they can't delete. But like said I'm not positive how that process goes. Never done it personally.

We also went out today and looked around. We found were the rest of carcass was from bigger deer and could follow tracks where they basically walked all over 2 different properties they don't have access too. My buddy was able to line up one of their photos and snapped one so there's really no way they can say they found it anywhere else. Like said they're kinda doin most of the work against themselves.

Buddy said he's gonna talk to his grandpa and see what he wants to do. We might go talk to other neighbor too and see if he wants to do anything. So kinda just wait and see now. Buddy said he'd be happy if they at least admitted to his grandpa what they did and apologize but I'm guessing that wouldn't happen. My guess is they'd deny it or play dumb. Kinda wish knew some way to look them up because I'm kinda guessing this isn't only time.

Holt likes this.
  20. jrk_indle84

Dislikes Received:
    Yea it does, not saying anyone on here, but in experience I've had living in a place lots of ppl come to hunt yearly. Alot of out or staters in general are douches. It's basically a running joke every fall, but nobody is gonna say much because they shell out big money.