Buying equipment on Amazon

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by nocked-n-loaded, Dec 13, 2017.

1. nocked-n-loaded

nocked-n-loaded Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Has anyone purchased much of their hunting equipment off of Amazon? I've noticed that you can purchase a very wide range of equipment from Amazon and was wondering if there was any downside to doing so seeing that they tend to be cheaper on some items. Thanks for any help!

2. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I've purchased some hunting items from there. There's really not a downside as long as you shop around and compare prices. One big advantage is there's usually alot of reviews.

Blessings...........Pastorjim

nocked-n-loaded likes this.
  3. TKP030

TKP030 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I don’t buy a lotta gear from there aside from like tree hooks and trail camera attachments. But I do read a lotta of reviews before I buy almost anything even if not on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

nocked-n-loaded and dnoodles like this.
  4. Hogs need lovin too

Hogs need lovin too Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also buy a lot. Some examples just this year: summit climber stand, duck decoys and duck calls, broadheads, etc...

Only downside for me is you can't look at it beforehand, which is not a problem if you already know what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Bowhunting.com Forums

5. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I buy a TON of stuff on Amazon. Biggest downsides are potential counterfeits and not being able to try stuff on. I try to get around both of those issues by buying only Amazon Prime stuff...free returns and Amazon actually tries to make sure they don't sell counterfeits b/c it would result in massive fines. I'm usually in between sizes so if f I can't make it into a big box store to try on whatever hunting clothes I am looking to get I'll just buy both large and extra-large on Amazon Prime and send back the one that doesn't fit.

I also have an Amazon prime chase credit card that gives you awesome cash back rewards especially for goods bought on Amazon. Prime doesn't always have the best prices but the older I get the less patience I have for traffic and people in general; I'd rather order online and not deal with people even if I have to pay a little bit more for it.

UPS/FEDEX drivers come by my house so often they now know to just walk up the side yard and drop the boxes over the fence so as not to make the dog go crazy inside the house. He cracked a window trying to get at them last time they rang the bell. :biggun:

JHasty, w33kender, jagend and 2 others like this.
  6. nocked-n-loaded

nocked-n-loaded Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all of your input! Up to this point I did not realize you could buy everything from bow sights to lone wolf tree stands. I guess I have been living in a cave up to this point. Haha!

Hogs need lovin too likes this.
  7. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I buy a lot, last week a Lone Wolf Combo 2

I get my broad heads, hunting clothing, boots...... in fact nearly everything in our household with the exception of groceries come from Amazon!

w33kender, jagend and pick00l like this.
  8. Whitetail

Whitetail Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Never bought a thing through Amazon.

9. remmett70

remmett70 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    All I've purchased from Amazon for hunting is a Pack and a Camera. But since my local shopping options has decreased I expect more to be bought from Amazon. I find it hard buying clothing without trying them on first, but may not have that option anymore. I am going to need to take advantage of family trips to a bigger city making sure we stop at a Cabela's or BassPro where I can get hands on some of the things I might want even when not purchasing at the time.

Rusker and jagend like this.
  10. WillO

WillO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love the convenience of it. I have ordered things Saturday morning and they have arrived Sunday morning.

I broke my safety harness last Thursday and had a trip planned the following day, Bass Pro were out of stock so I ordered a new HSS harness on Amazon and it showed up mid afternoon Friday! (and it was $42 instead of $59.99 at BPS)

11. joejoe

joejoe Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I purchased the "ANY ANGLE SEAT" made by HAWK, it was the same price on Amazon as in Hawks product brochure and got it in a couple of days, good seat it's basically used for trees that have a bent trunk, it's also comfortable. hope this helps.

12. mhouck06

mhouck06 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A couple hunting companies I did some work for were battling counterfeit items on Amazon a few years back but other than keeping any eye out for that, I love using Amazon for almost everything I can.

13. pick00l

pick00l Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I buy a ton of hunting and outdoor supplies on Amazon. Love it. Same with ebay and Walmart. Often times Walmart has the consistent low price and 2 day shipping included. Several times this holiday season I compared Walmart to Amazon, and purchased from Walmart based upon price. Fan of both.

14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I buy all kinds of stuff from Amazon, hunting and otherwise. The only thing I've ever failed to order on there was a wife but I never looked, maybe I should but I'm ascared of finding too many "good" reviews. Rita has a 5 star rating and comes complete with a free 30 day round of antibiotics. :lol:

15. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    You have no idea what you're missing out on. I have six kids and fourteen grandchildren and we did practically all of our Christmas shopping without having to leave the house. I think Amazon Prime is just about the best thing thing the internet age has given us.:)

16. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree, it saves me a crap load of money. I don't have to burn gas or waste time going to town to get exactly what I want and most of the time the shipping is free on top of an already better price than local (with Prime). Since I started buying off Amazon I have probably cut 95% of what I used to spend at Walmart and a lot of that was stuff I thought I needed because I happened to see it in the store while looking for something I actually did need.

17. montec

montec Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Best place to buy trailcams. I even bought my Gold Tip Kinetics from there......no shop around here could even come close in price let alone when they could get them in stock. The big box stores kick the crap out of the mom and pop shops but Amazon is stickin it to the big box stores.

w33kender and pick00l like this.
  18. jagend

jagend Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Nock,

We also noticed there was a ton of bowhunting equipment available on Amazon. You can get a lot of the big brands there - We've working on bringing it all together in one spot at https://www.jagend.com. The idea here is to put all the high quality bowhunting gear from Amazon in one easy to use website.

It's a work in progress, but let us know what you think!

19. gunfighter48

gunfighter48 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    In the last 5 years I've bought well over $4,000.00 worth of shooting and now archery items from Amazon. I've also bought about $6,000.00 in astronomy gear. I've never had a problem with any purchase I've made thru them. But I do my research to make sure I'm getting good stuff and not knock offs. I love the reviews also just have to decide if the reviewer knows what he's talking about. All reviews are taken with a large grain of salt!!!!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    w33kender and jagend like this.
  20. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I went thru my Prime history and about made myself throw up how much crap I bought on there....let's just say it was less than my down payment on my house but more than my college loans.

jagend likes this.